Can Cobra Memory be Reset?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubyDoo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have had my Suunto Cobra for a year now. I also have the Suunto Dive Manager software, which I use to download all my dives into the electronic dive log. At first I had no problems whatsoever downloading dives from the dive computer, but now I have a very irritating problem. Every time I download dives, it downloads every single dive in the memory. Since I download after every dive trip, you can see where this is real pain in the arse. I always have to go back and erase all the dives which have been previously downloaded, which is very time consuming. Does anyone know how the memory can be purged, or how I can set it so that it will only download dives which have not been previosly downloaded. Thanks in advance.

It usually recongnized dives that have been already downloaded and doesn't add them again... there's no way to purge the memory except by sending it to suunto that I know of. Are you downloading always to the same file? And be sure you're not changing some info in dive manager that may cause it to be unable to recognize previous dives... other than that I don't really know what else to tell you. I don't know of anyone else having that problem. Is your divemanager software the newest version? Might want to check that also... version 4.something I believe.

I've experienced the same thing with my Vyper, but as I explained in another thread, the problem was self induced.

If you change one of the previously set parameters, then it will download all your dives again using the new parameters. The one that threw me was that I changed the name from "Vyper Diver" to Marc. After I figured that one out I changed the sampling rate, and the same thing happened again.

As always, RTFM. It's amazing what you can find out and fix when you do that. Then again, many feel that doing that is akin to asking for directions. :D

Marc :jester:

jamiei once bubbled...
Are you downloading always to the same file? And be sure you're not changing some info in dive manager that may cause it to be unable to recognize previous dives... Is your divemanager software the newest version? Might want to check that also... version 4.something I believe.

Yes, I just have one file for all my dives. I havent changed anything in my dive manager configuration which would effect it. Im not sure what version it is. I bought it about 10 months ago, and Im sure it was the latest version when I bought it.

FLL Diver once bubbled...

As always, RTFM. It's amazing what you can find out and fix when you do that. Then again, many feel that doing that is akin to asking for directions. :D

Marc :jester:

I did read the manual. There is nothing in the manual which suggests a solution.

Back
Top Bottom