Camotes Island and Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rhadamantus

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
guys, im helping a friend.

cant find anything in PPD forums about camotes island. how is the diving there? how does one get there? any dive operator you can recommend? is it backpacker-friendly?

not at the same time. :D but sister gonna attend a university 20 mins from the said island so it would be a pity if the diving is good there and i would pass up the chance when im there to visit her.

nobody ever dove there?! :(

My friends went before, he say not good for diving...

thanks, jason. better skip it then.

rhadamantus:
guys, im helping a friend.

cant find anything in PPD forums about camotes island. how is the diving there? how does one get there? any dive operator you can recommend? is it backpacker-friendly?

via danao city by motorized banca.

check it out with Tim, e him tim@oceandeep.biz n visit www.oceandeep.biz, on d open water site face west is drop of, main tuna traffic lane, bait ball, but for experience divers only, coral reef is on the north west site of the island, there r 4 island, with a big photogenic 4 meter deep lake, is a backpacker place, cheap lodging is located mostly at Pacijan island, hunt there once with dive safari 15 years ago!

I've been to Camotes a few times, its got nice beaches, but there's no dive shop in the area, which probably tells you no good diving to be had:) There are a couple of fishing boats that sank on nasty typhoon between the main island and Tulang. Hope this helps.

thanks, guys.

actually i was referring to guimaras not camotes island(my sister will be attending the university in iloilo) :wink:).

i dunno how i can mix these two up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom