Camotes diving?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hey bro,

actually, you'd be surprised. camotes has changed alot since you went there the last time. heck, it changed alot since i last went there about 8 years ago. i can confirm that there is a wreck there somewhere near the island of tulang. it was a sulpicio lines boat i think. anyway, we got pics of us on the bow before the whole thing disappeared underwater. hmm..that was in the late 80's i think.

dennis

hey bro,

actually, you'd be surprised. camotes has changed alot since you went there the last time. heck, it changed alot since i last went there about 8 years ago. i can confirm that there is a wreck there somewhere near the island of tulang. it was a sulpicio lines boat i think. anyway, we got pics of us on the bow before the whole thing disappeared underwater. hmm..that was in the late 80's i think.

dennis

Dencio!!!! 'bout time you started posting:D A couple of Aki's fishing boats sank between Tulang and the main island (forgot the name of it) and he said the wreck is in good shape. We need to explore that next year:)

Dencio!!!! 'bout time you started posting:D A couple of Aki's fishing boats sank between Tulang and the main island (forgot the name of it) and he said the wreck is in good shape. We need to explore that next year:)
susama ako... :D

Sure. Why not. As long as there's a diveshop operationg, I'm game.

Dencio

Hi Guys,

Indeed there's a wreck in Tulang and its in pristine condition and definitely it's not a passenger ship (sulpicio) but rather its a cargo freighter which was carrying lots of softdrinks to camotes. We were there sometime July 2008. have a safe diving

Hi Guys,

Indeed there's a wreck in Tulang and its in pristine condition and definitely it's not a passenger ship (sulpicio) but rather its a cargo freighter which was carrying lots of softdrinks to camotes. We were there sometime July 2008. have a safe diving

aquadiveinc,
Are you referring to the 2 boats between Tulang and the main island? If so, those were the Arquillano's fishing boats, that sank during a typhoon. Hopefully, you took some photos.

There's another ship wreck, I think, owned by Sulpicio, just not sure where its located, but the Arquillanos hired a couple of commercial divers to salvage whatever they can from that wreck.

sub,

aquadiveinc might be right. if i remember correctly, aki was saying that after that thing went down, no fishermen went out fishing coz they all got the sardines (in cans obviously) that got washed on the shore. don't know how deep the wreck would be at but i'm not sure if they really were able to salvage that thing. tulang is nice though and i'm glad that camotes is getting on the diving map.

dennis

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom