camera tank damage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good input from all. I don't recall a boat with a rinse tank that did not have a bunch of cameras kept in it during the whole trip. I think I will leave it in the tank until the boat is underway and then keep it with me during the interval or trip back.

The problem with leaving it in the rinse tank is mainly the other cameras in it. Not everyone is careful when putting their camera into, or taking it out of, the rinse tank. I have seen people drop their cameras on top of other rigs in the tank. I have seen a careless diver swishing their camera around in the rinse tank that popped the latch on a housing flooding it.

I will rinse my camera in the rinse tank when it is empty, but I keep it in a plastic bin that I carry it in when I am diving local.

When I travel I take a collapsible soft sided cooler with me to keep the camera in.

I never leave my camera in the rinse tank unattended by me - you just don't know what is going on when you are not looking.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom