Camera Resolution

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jtoorish:
If the photo looks grainy to you, it's probably your monitor. I'm betting you don't have a color corrected monitor so it is almost certainly skewed toward one color or another...cheaper monitors tend to skew to green in my experience...and that might account for the more grainy look you are seeing.

Great photo.

Jeff
Hi, Jeff,

How do I know if I have a colour corrected monitor?

Speaking about the monitor, could it be that this is because it is a rather old one. Think it's about 5 years old and really for "retirement" soon. Having said that, I'm still find it strange that one picture looks good and the other one looks grainy on the same PC. Both PC have never been modified, are 1600 x 1200, shot with the same camera, used the same stretch options, etc etc.

And... thanks for the compliment. :) One of my best shots!
Cat.

RiotNrrd:
I have a theory - do me a favor and try the attached version.
Hi, Riot,

Thank you very much... more like a favour for me, then for you! :wink:
RiotNrrd:
The one I attached, I resampled it in Photoshop down to 1024x768. That way, Windows shoudl display EXACTLY that image, without trying to smush it down to fit on your monitor. Photoshop, unlike MS, spent a lot of time making sure that when they resize an image, it loses as little quality as possible.

Let me know if that fixes the problem.

Riot

Could you reattached the file you again?

Thanks,
Cat.

Sure -

You should just be able to click on the thumbnail. It will open the image in a new window. Then right click the image and choose "same picture as..."

Riot

I have no idea why not. Can everyone else see them?

Try this instead:

http://www.scubaboard.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23392&d=1129596838

Or maybe this

attachment.php

Riot

If you have problems viewing attachments try changing your settings:
click on User CP -> Edit Options -> Forum Skin

and choose "Use forum default" if it doesn't help try posting to Site Support forum.

Back
Top Bottom