Camera lost @ Whytecliff

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry to hear about the loss. Lost my DC500 last week on my first dive of our week long trip to St Thomas, because I failed to secure it to the D ring, and slid the lanyard up my arm. Sometime later noticed it was gone, and ran my air to zip re tracing my path. Unsuccessfully. Really bummed.

I got it back! 2 days later we were able to return to the same site, and one of the divers in my group knew I had lost it and he spotted it. One in a million chance, but it had hung up on the coral.

I hope you get your DC600 back too!!!

My Girlfriend lost a camera under certain circumstances in Mexico last year... It was on a drift dive with Bull Sharks, so some awesome pictures were on it. Halfway through the dive she noticed it had somehow come undone and was gone, but the dive was too good to surface, so we carried on..

In the end, the boat following our bubbles, saw the camera come up (it was positively buoyant), and picked it up. Needless to say we were relieved, and the boat crew got a nice tip :)

I guess we've just had bad luck with Cameras...

Whoa! Miracles happens!!! :)))

I had a nice dive with Todd Powell today @ WhyteCliff. We've done all stuff and I was following him, when he has picked up something from the bottom. The very next moment I've realized it's my camera in his hands!

It's probably unclipped from D-ring somehow, but stayed in place since Sunday. Thank you VERY much Todd - I owe you lots of beer! :)

Here is a picture from recovered camera:

PICT0004.JPG

Last edited:
BLOODY AWESOME!!

Wonders, do they cease?!

Good to hear.

No $hit, eh!

I thought I was lucky when I did a dive in January in Maui and lost the bezel from my Suunto compass on the way out. An hour later, on the way back, I practically swam right over it.

Your find sure tops mine, though. Congrats and nice pic of the gpo. Awesome colour.

No $hit, eh!

I thought I was lucky when I did a dive in January in Maui and lost the bezel from my Suunto compass on the way out. An hour later, on the way back, I practically swam right over it.

Your find sure tops mine, though. Congrats and nice pic of the gpo. Awesome colour.

That's what the SB positive energy flow does... Thanks everyone for support! :)

Yes, Sealife DC600 has nice colors when there is enough light... This picture is taken with the embedded flash - that's why the left side is darker.

Last edited:
Congrats on finding the camera, and awesome photo!

Where was it taken?

I'm still hunting for Octopii.. I haven't yet had the pleasure of seeing one in the wild. (I'm pretty sure I've passed hundreds of them, but never actually found any)

Congrats on finding the camera, and awesome photo!

Where was it taken?

I'm still hunting for Octopii.. I haven't yet had the pleasure of seeing one in the wild. (I'm pretty sure I've passed hundreds of them, but never actually found any)

Thank you!
You can find this octo at approx 18-19 meters, next to the right Whytecliff wall.
Follow the wall - first you should see some rusty metal containers, then an old cable and then a group of big rocks lying at the bottom, next to the wall. This is approx. 10 meters far from where the wall sharply turns right and drop-off starts. This fellow live under a one of those rocks - so, look carefully under them. There are lots of cracked shells around his den.

Good luck!

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom