Camera Insurance in Australia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Alex_Hurley

Reaction score
I've just purchased a 5060 and pt-020 and now i have the problem of finding insurance for them. DEEP doesnt cover anyone who isnt an american citizen. I was hoping there was an international provider of insurance? Does anyone know of one that would cover me?

Cheers
Alex

I'd be interested to see how you get along Alex.

Myself and Rob (also from this board) live in the UK, and we've been looking unsuccessfully for an unsurer for some time.

hey alex,

i am going to call RACV on monday to try to add my camera and a few other portable items to my house and contents insurance. and also ask them if it is covered for water damage as well. if so, they are never going to know i was diving, and it simply fell in the fountain. and i'll insure it for the the value of the camera and housing together.

that is what i have found other do.

lucas

ps, you could also see if it will be covered by your travel insurance. i have heard of people who flooded their camera. and the went to a restaurant in a dodgy area, put it down, went for a walk and it was stolen. gosh darn it, now i'll have to replace it.
but you would have to be an unscrupulous kind of person to do that....

Yes, Depp will cover you if you arent' an american citizen. I'm not american and I have coverage. I asked them this specific question and they told me they'll cover anyone anywehre in the world.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom