Camera/housing -Manila/PG??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I figured as much, I was just impressed with the variety they had for such a small town.

i know what u mean.... they have DSLRs there even!

That same guy (in Sabang) can order your gear and have it waiting on you. If you are paying in cash he will work with you. Order have it waiting on you....it's just money....who cares....this is diving we're talking about.

Thanks for all the info.
I am not too bothered if it’s a bit more expensive. Re-arranging my travel via Singapore to pick up the goods will be work out more expensive & mean less underwater time.
If someone can provide email/website or name of shop in PG/Sabang beach it would be much appreciated.
If possible I will place an order before I arrive in PG..

Would like to get the G9 & Ikelite casing

i dont think there is an ikelite housing for g9 yet. only the canon housing is available. several friends are also considering the g9 as their next cam.

Ikelite housing for the G9 is available from the end of the month.

My only problem is that I have a couple of Inon wet lens that require the short port option on the housing. I think I will have further problems as these wet lens are not 67 mm thread… Also my strobe is currently optically fired, again the Ikelite housing is not ideal for my existing kit.
Its such a pain as I have dived with someone with a G7 and the results were excellent so I can only assume the G9 with Raw would be a nice set up.
The canon casing for the G9 will not take any wet lens mounts. The more I think about it the more I may end up buying the Canon 570IS

If only Canon had a decent P&S with Raw & 28mm!!!

If only I had not dropped my S70 in the rinse tank!!!
Unfortunately I cannot buy another S70 as it is discontinued

ji,
The shop is Tesohn prints in #68 sabang oriental mindoro phils.tel/fax (043)287-3160. cel 09183480268, 09173497552. email : tesohnprints@yahoo.com. www.tesohnprints.com
I bought my olympus housing there. The price it not too high just more than P 1000 than the price in manila. But the good thing with buying from john,is that I can test dive my housing for the first time. and if it floods, he will change it for a new one. I am still using the housing up to now (loympus pt-020) for 3 yrs and still no leaks. Just call him and ask if he has the housing for the g9.
hope this helps,
jimmy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom