Camera freeze again after latest firmware

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dor1813

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Had mine updated to the 2.37 version and it freezes a couple of times.

Anyone experience this issue again? Or could it be mine only due to the recent flooding...

2 .39 is out now
most of the remaining freeze issues are due to bad cards

Why is the rum always gone

Thanks for all your replies.
I've updated latest firmware 2 days back.
Also, 've been using the Sandisk 64gb class 10 card all along.
Well, in the next 2 days I'll be diving with both the Hero3 Black and Silver using 16 gb instead of 64gb class 10 cards.

We'll see what happen.

Had mine updated to the 2.37 version and it freezes a couple of times.

Anyone experience this issue again? Or could it be mine only due to the recent flooding...

I've been using the Hero3 black edition with Sandisk Ultra class 10, 64gb and have not had any problems at all .. (version 2.37)..

Mine failed to power on once. It had powered on minutes before but of course I tried to save a few minutes worth of battery and it wouldn't power on in the water. Only freeze post early April update though. I'll apply the latest firmware this week. Oh, I was using a Sandisk Ultra 32gb card.

I've been using the Hero3 black edition with Sandisk Ultra class 10, 64gb and have not had any problems at all .. (version 2.37)..

My dad has the hero 3 black with the same card he had 1 card fail out of the box in 1 day. He returned it got another the camera would only film for 1:28 then stop every time. Turns out the card was corrupt and he used some software to restore it. I find you have more problems when you have something attached to the camera more then anything ie battery pack ect. He also had it do a bad update it wouldn't say what firmware it was when updated he reinstalled it and that seemed to fix the problems try reinstalling first erase the card in the camera take at least 1 photo then update. If you don't it fails and sort of works and sort of doesn't. Once the update is done reformate the card with the camera.

I ended up downgrading to November 2012 version because it froze on me so much. It still freezes but because camera is overheating. Its either this or that but it will still freeze. Sigh.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom