Camera died - need help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cobra269

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Broke out my mini sl320 to get ready for a trip to Cozumel in 10 days. Researched the sealife manufactures thread. Doing what others have done. No chance of getting fixed before leaving. I have the sl960 strobe and wide angle lens to go with it.

Option 1; Buy another one but can only find one source on the internet and they want $300.

Option 2; If there is another sealife camera that would fit my strobe and just forget about the wide angle for now. Like the dc 500 or 800. Found the dc 800 for $400 online with a $50 rebate if I return my old camera to sealife, Makes it $350. It's discontinued - what do you guys think?

Option 3; Just get a new camera from another manufacture.

Money is an issue and really wasn't looking at getting another camera.

Appreciate any and all input.

Last edited:
Can you give more information about what the problem is? If no physical damage, then replacing batteries and SD card would be worth a try. Will it work without a card?

I have my old DC500 insured with all accessories as a package so that if I break one part - camera, housing, strobe - I get to claim it all. See http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/ba...-gear-insurance-than.html?highlight=insurance if interested

So you have the ReefMaster Mini, expensive wide angle lens, and strobe? It may not get done in 9 days, but call Sealife and ask Tech Support Karl.

Here is a new one for $250 Sea Life Reefmaster Mini SL320 @ Divers-Supply.com or another one for $271 sealife sl320 - Google Product Search I don't see one on Ebay?

You have this strobe? Accessories | External Flash The site says "can be easily mounted to all SeaLife® cameras" and it looks just like the one I have on my DC500, but I would ask Joe in the manufacture's forum or call Sealife and ask Tech Support Karl to be sure.

Nice price on the DC800 but I haven't used it.

You have this lens? Accessories | SeaLife ®Wide-Angle Lens "Fits SeaLife ReefMaster Mini (SL320) and ECOshot (SL321) digital cameras." If you get stuck with it, you might ebay it?

Hope that helps you some. I need to get my old Canon 5 mp listed.

Last edited:
I have changed batteries and card. Tried without card. Sometimes will cut off within 10 secs, other times will take video for about 30 secs before shutting off, not able to take pic - will shut down each time I try.

Have looked at every site I could find. A lot list the SL320 but then on the site it is out of stock as with divers supply. The one listed for $271 ia about $300 with shipping.

Just don't want to waste 13 dives with no camera.

Someone had same problem and the sealife rep on this site told him to sent it in for repair.

You have the strobe buy a dc1000 it's a great model. Stay away from the dc800.......to many problems. I love my Dc1000 Maxx!!!

I have changed batteries and card. Tried without card. Sometimes will cut off within 10 secs, other times will take video for about 30 secs before shutting off, not able to take pic - will shut down each time I try.

Have looked at every site I could find. A lot list the SL320 but then on the site it is out of stock as with divers supply. The one listed for $271 ia about $300 with shipping.

Just don't want to waste 13 dives with no camera.

Someone had same problem and the sealife rep on this site told him to sent it in for repair.
Sounds like you need to send it in.
You have the strobe buy a dc1000 it's a great model. Stay away from the dc800.......to many problems. I love my Dc1000 Maxx!!!
If you can afford that, sounds like a good idea - then have the 320 for backup camera, or ebay it.

Just purchased the DC1000. Had $75 off virtual dollars from scuba.com and Sealife said if it can't be fix my mini or if cost to much they will give me a $50 rebate to turn it in. Makes the cost of my DC1000 $375. I am happy with this.

Thanks for all the input.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom