Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Canon S100/WP-DC43

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Olympus TG-2 iHS/PT-053

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If the OP is looking for a "no brainer, P&S" camera then the TG2 is it...people are buying them up like hotcakes here. I have some buddies that are getting great results with it...still not enough control for my taste.

I would suggest this Olympus E-PM1 camera bundle from Optical Ocean Sales without hesitation, especially at the price point they're offering it for right now.

jboothe, I'd second this recommendation. I upgraded from a Canon S95 to the Olympus E-PL1, which is a 4/3 camera like the E-PM1. It has a larger sensor than the Canon point & shoots which will give you higher quality pictures, and also has changeable lenses, so the camera can grow with you. But the biggest improvement I found was the much reduced shutter lag, which is important when shooting things like fish.

The downsides I found are 1) the housing is a bigger, so you can't tuck it in a BC pocket the way you might be able to with some of the P&S's, and 2) the included Olympus software isn't as good as Canon's, so you'd likely want to invest in something like Lightroom 4 for best results.

James

Back
Top Bottom