Camera Bag

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Looks like a nice bag. I don't have to carry near as much stuff as you do but I switched to a rolling backpack a couple years ago. Sure makes a big difference!

OE2X:
This leaves me room to hand carry either my 600mm f4.0 or 400 mm f2.8.
http://www.dakine.com/

It isn't often I covet what others have...but :D

Tell me, with this bag, if you zip the backpack on does it tip over? And are the zips strong enough to hold the backpack loaded on the main bag?

I need to buy a new bag and a carry on roller is definitely the way I'm going...

Diver Dennis:
This one is a bit heavier but you can use it as a luggage cart for up to 200lbs. It is carry on size and mine works great.

http://www.portercase.com/photoplus.htm

I've got a backpack that fits on top.
I looked at this system and I couldn't fit all my stuff into one case. This is a priority as on most jobs my second carryon is either the 600 or 400 mm lens. At $10 K a pop I'm not checking one of them. I also found I couldn't fit all my stuff in a Pelican and still use it as carryon. I am rather fond of the Pelican cases which I have about 10 of in different sizes. I even spent about an hour with Pelicans lead designer trying to come up with a configuration that would work for myself and other pros. To the best of my knowledge they still haven't been able to dial it in.

As to the foam - I'm doing that myself. FWIW I use closed mini cell because it does not absorb moisture. The other soft foams do...

alcina:

Tell me, with this bag, if you zip the backpack on does it tip over? And are the zips strong enough to hold the backpack loaded on the main bag?

I need to buy a new bag and a carry on roller is definitely the way I'm going...
Honestly it looks pretty bomber as to the zippers. Tipping over? Excellent question. Give me a few days and I'll know once I have it outfitted.

alcina:

If your going to covet something it's his glass!! 600f4, 400f2.8, I've only rented those lenses.

So O2X I've always wondered what do you shoot? I can't think of many reasons to own that glass except birds, or sports!!!

Do tell. :wink:

RonFrank:
So O2X I've always wondered what do you shoot? I can't think of many reasons to own that glass except birds, or sports!!!

Do tell. :wink:
Paparazzi :D:D:D

So I have foamed out the case.
Here is more or less what it stores:

Main Compartment

1-D2X
1-D200
1- 80-400mm
1- 70-200mm
1- 28-70mm
1- 17-35mm
1- Camera Strobe
Extra batteries for both cameras and CF readers, Four 2 gig CF Cards, a few different filters (mainly B+W polarizers)

Zippered Loft above Main Compartment:
2 - 100 gig Nexto Card Readers in Pelican Cases
2 - 100 gig back up drives in Pelican Cases
An assortment of firewire and USB cords, backup Firewire CF reader laptop plug in, Power chargers for Nexto's and backup for laptop.

Laptop Compartment:
1- Apple 15 G4 Powerbook
2- Backup batteries
1- Power inverter and cord
12- Blank DVD's and cases
Modem cords
Backup versions of CS,CS2 and ACR3.1
Backup OS disks as well as a DVD containing a couple thousand jpegs of portfolio and book images.
Passport, notebook and 3M stickies.
Room for a couple magazines and one book.

So basically I have all the gear that I need to go on location anywhere in the world for an extended amount of time. This along with either the 400mm or 600mm is what I carry on the plane with me. If the rest of my luggage gets lost I can at least still shoot for a couple of days until it gets delivered. I won't check anything I can't afford to have lost or stolen. If I'm traveling on assignment, I have to have all my cameras and computer stuff with me. I'll see if I can a shot of th case and gear in the next week and post it for you to see.

Now all you need to do is hire me to carry that stuff for you and yer all set..

D2X and D200.... i am jealous.... not to mention the 600...

Mike,
Having you be my assistant would be a huge step down for you.:D

Not sure any of my clients could even afford your airfare from where ever you hangout these days.

Well I'm off early in the morning for a ten day shoot in the Gulf of Mexico, San Diego and LA.

Back
Top Bottom