Camera Bag

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OE2X

ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
Well after a long hard search for a roller - carry on bag that can carry two bodies, five lenses, strobe, batteries, two card readers, laptop and all peripherals I've finally figured out what will work. It is a black roller bag that is carry on size. It has a small backpack that can be zipped off. This will hold all the laptop/ mobile office stuff. While this will be a tight squeeze to get everything in - it condenses two bags - a computer case and camera bag into one. This leaves me room to hand carry either my 600mm f4.0 or 400 mm f2.8. So now I can carry all my basic gear on without an assistant. It also rolls which saves my aging back and neck when running through airports. Best of all it doesn't look like a camera bag.

Dakine Zip Away

http://www.dakine.com/

That's pretty cool! Roll it on, zip off the top part and stow under your wifes leg section.........

Except the airlines will consider that two carry ons.

I like the bag.

Jeff

Is the inside set up with pick foam ??. I think my preference is still a hard case like the Pelican. They make one that is legal carry-on size with wheels.

I do generally carry a backpack on dive trips though ...so this bag does have potential.

'Slogger

This one is a bit heavier but you can use it as a luggage cart for up to 200lbs. It is carry on size and mine works great.

http://www.portercase.com/photoplus.htm

I've got a backpack that fits on top.

That looks great Dennis! I like using the roller bags to stack more stuff on top---you can even bungee if needed. Ron Frank just linked a great bag...something-co, I saved the link. I need something I guess if I am adding another strobe and the 8" port is a bit of a difficult dimension. I sure love checking it all and putting the pelican in a duffle...

I have the Porter Case too. It's the perfect size and weight. I just wish it rolled like a normal carry-on. I never use the "porter" option since my other bags have wheels of their own.

catherine96821:
That looks great Dennis! I like using the roller bags to stack more stuff on top---you can even bungee if needed. Ron Frank just linked a great bag...something-co, I saved the link. I need something I guess if I am adding another strobe and the 8" port is a bit of a difficult dimension. I sure love checking it all and putting the pelican in a duffle...

Isn't your diver Sherpa available generally when you travel? I know he's not around now, but I hope that won't be for too long :huh:

Who needs a bag, when you have a Special Ops Guy!

yea, well I was not going to brag about him... but his very willing to be chivalrous. (I like that!)

I thought you would be posting the link to that grey and orange bag... I cannot find the link now. I wonder how much that little gem is? I have the PNG budget working against me...I may have to carry my stuff in garbage bags!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom