Cambodia?? Anyone been diving there?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes I did a couple of dives at some of the local islands from Sihanoukville in 2010 - it reminded me of Racha Noi topography wise - not a huge amount of marine life around but generally nice enough. I believe there is some better diving out further around what was then called Shangrila resort but I think its now called Song Saa private island resort who offer snorkelling tours and do some marine conservation around the Koh Rong Archipeligo. I have heard that night diving there is quite good due to the phosphorescent plankton - hearsay only though. Sorry not much help but as I only did a days diving there.

I spent some time over there and was not impressed with the diving. It's worth jumping in tho', just don't expect the world. There's decent chances of some cool things like seahorses tho'... My memories are of bad vis and few fish...

There are better things to do in Cambodia than diving, there are also better landside places to visit on the coast than Sihanoukville (ie. Kep).
Had only a day diving and cut it short : no viz, no fish, lame freshman DM from Scubanation.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom