Calypso IV

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Your second stages should be no problem to service. The first stage is the problem. I hope you asked for a quote before the work is started. I like vintage gear but the problem with gear as old as yours is that the hoses could be dry rotted and your gauges bad. Once you start adding it up, it may be cheaper to purchase a more modern used regulator from eBay than trying to fix yours, especially at LDS prices.

Your second stages should be no problem to service. The first stage is the problem. I hope you asked for a quote before the work is started. I like vintage gear but the problem with gear as old as yours is that the hoses could be dry rotted and your gauges bad. Once you start adding it up, it may be cheaper to purchase a more modern used regulator from eBay than trying to fix yours, especially at LDS prices.

Yep,they quoted me a price of $50-$60 to service it if possible.That's all I have to go on right now.They'll call me within the week.But I know what you are saying.What you said about buying a newer one that was used makes much better sence.

Service it yourself for around 25.00..add 35.00 to that in a worst case scenario if it needs a HP seat and main diaphragm. .the seat I doubt they have and are unlikely to source.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Service it yourself for around 25.00..add 35.00 to that in a worst case scenario if it needs a HP seat and main diaphragm. .the seat I doubt they have and are unlikely to source.

Brian, have you rebuilt these first stages in the past? Reading old threads, some say you can keep flipping the seat at each rebuild while others say don't flip the seat until needed. I have one of the latter models which actually does work but I never did anything with. I bought it for the metal second stages not the first stage. Looking at the schematic of the regulator it does not seem to be that difficult to service if I can match up the o-rings.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom