Calling all nanaimo dive buddies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Looking to get wet with one or more buddies in and around the nanaimo area. I am OWDI so prefer experienced buddy who has good knowledge of dive locales, but of course will dive with anyone. Anyone up for Nanaimo, Gabriola, Nanoose Bay etc etc?

Bottomthumper

Hi Bottomthumper,

I'm not exactly local, but am a short ferry ride away in Tsawwassen. If you are interested in a couple of dives on the occasional Sunday I'd be game to meet you over there.

With the visibility so poor over here recently I'd go pretty much anywhere for a good dive.

You new to the area? I am always up for a dive on weekends and I have my own compressor. Diving the Capilano this weekend with the Campbell River Tide Rippers club.

Not so much new to the area - more like a born again diver. Got certified locally years ago and only dove when I travelled someplace warm. Just recently had my epiphany that I lived in one of the best dive areas in the world and was doing nothing about it.

I'd love to dive the Capilano, but it may be a bit beyond my abilities. I've got my Advanced but haven't dove mixed gas - I'd assume you'd be using Nitrox? Isn't she lying in 130 ft?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom