Called out for a missing couple in the river.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gary D.

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
There is just no end to the amount of idiots this world produces.

A couple decide to go for a river ride but don't have a boat or raft. So whats the next best thing? A kiddy swimming pool. They make it a few miles and then fail to show up for work the next day.

They parked his rig at the start and hers at the finish point. Both stay there overnight so what do we think? They are in the water. We find the pool deflated on the river bank but no humanoids.

They are found several hours later walking around the river banks looking for her car. They forgot where they parked it and failed to call anyone.

Another case for the looney bin.

Gary D.

Gary D.:
There is just no end to the amount of idiots this world produces.

A couple decide to go for a river ride but don't have a boat or raft. So whats the next best thing? A kiddy swimming pool. They make it a few miles and then fail to show up for work the next day.

They parked his rig at the start and hers at the finish point. Both stay there overnight so what do we think? They are in the water. We find the pool deflated on the river bank but no humanoids.

They are found several hours later walking around the river banks looking for her car. They forgot where they parked it and failed to call anyone.

Another case for the looney bin.

Gary D.
Yeah, I just PM'd you about this. Guess this answers my question. I saw it on the news last night while the search was still on, and I said to Priscilla, "Well, I guess we know what Gary's doing tonight." But by the end of the news, the couple had been found.
We dived the same river (down-stream) Tuesday night. There was just the right amount of current. We pulled ourselves up-current on the rocks for about 20 mins., then did a nice slow drift back. Max depth, 35'. Bottom time 67 mins. Very nice. With the 98 degree temps, there were lots of people out on the river. We always like to park a dive flag for the jet skies to buzz around while we dive. Next time maybe we'll bring the kiddie pool.:eyebrow:

Man, what a clever idea, I think I'm going to build myself a regulator for deep diving right now, where is that block of aluminum I had...............

I just hope the kiddie pool isn't an indication that they may have offspring.....

Hey! This post opened my eyses to a new idea! I never thought about the use of kiddie pools to cleanse the gene pool! Stupidity is forever!

Here is the gene pool article. Job security at it's best.

printer-friendly | e-mail this story

Missing rafters weren't really missing after all
County spent hours searching for couple
Erica Curless
Staff writer
June 24, 2004

Kootenai and Spokane County sheriff's deputies spent nearly four hours Wednesday searching for two missing rafters who weren't really lost.

Kootenai County Sheriff Rocky Watson said a county jet boat and two personal watercraft began searching the Spokane River about 1:30 p.m. between Corbin Park in Post Falls and Stateline after the couple was reported missing.

Spokane County Sheriff's deputies searched the river between Stateline and Liberty Lake and a helicopter was preparing to fly above and scan the river because the water is currently shallow and clear.

A co-worker had called the sheriff's department after the woman didn't show up for work Wednesday and her boyfriend's pickup was found at Corbin Park. There was a note in the window that read, "Rafting. Be back soon," Watson said.

The search was halted about 5 p.m. after the couple called from a Liberty Lake home to tell the sheriff's department they were safe. That's the same time local television channels began reporting the couple were missing and feared to be in the river.

The couple told deputies that their raft had deflated and that they spent all night walking the river.

Watson had no comment about why the couple hadn't been able to locate help earlier, especially since many homes and businesses line the river between Corbin Park and Spokane Valley.

Watson said the couple appeared to have used a blow-up children's swimming pool as a raft. Deputies found the box for the recently purchased pool in the back of the pickup. He added that a witness saw a couple floating down the river in the make-shift raft while a jogger reported seeing the deflated raft on the shore just before Liberty Lake on Wednesday morning.

Watson said the search probably cost the county about $700 just in wages, but that the money isn't the issue.

"When we put that many resources into it other things aren't getting done," Watson said. "When this happens, the rest of the world stops."

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom