Call me crazy...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MONKS-

You don't get sick from breathing in cold air. That is an old wive's tale. You get sick from germs.

Originally posted by sharpenu
You don't get sick from breathing in cold air. That is an old wive's tale. You get sick from germs.

I was not referring to sick as in germ sick, I was referring to sick as in "damage to my lungs due to damage from breathing the freezing air".

Yea, sick isn't the correct term, "injured" is more the correct term, but it sure "felt" like sick.

-Jeff

Originally posted by k4sdi
whats the coldest for you without a wetsuit?
Well we used to keep the hot tub at 102F but I kept it at 100F for a while last summer to save 13¢ a month but nobody wanted to use it that cold so we are back up to 102F.

No wesuits needed at all.

Puget Sound? 47F year round. No wetsuits for me there either.

Im not a person who likes to be cold......at all! I always wear a wetsuit. Even when I dive down at the LDS in the indoor 86 degree heated pool, I wear a 2.5 mil shorty/vest. The only time I dove without a wetsuit was my first couple of OW classes, and that was only because I didnt have one yet!. When I dive Lake Ouachita and Lake Norfork later this summer I'd like to wear my 3mil shorty, but the water beneath the thermocline will probably call for a full 3mil jumpsuit. When I hit the Carib I MIGHT wear just the shorty, but will probably go ahead and wear the full jumpsuit.

The only thing I like cold is a good beer!

Lots of folks that can't stand cold would tell you that to make themselves feel better though. I know a guy that dives all year long in a shorty and hood. I've seen him diving many times, when the "blue snow is blowing", and he is bare legged. He's done it for years.

Ok, you couldn't get me to dive without at least my 3mil shorty. Went diving at Jupitur today, the "juno ledge" 78 degrees at 85 feet and I used my 3/2 steamer and was just fine. RR

It's 19 deg F outside, wind howling, the water is around 40 deg F.

Our GUE DIRF instructor is wearing a drysuit (or maybe it was a wetsuit), NO hood, NO gloves!

MHK, take a bow!!

There were 14 of us freezing our butts off, and he looks comfortable. I still dont' get it!

Back
Top Bottom