California Diving

What mm wetsuit preffered for 50 degrees?

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

*snicker*

So true!

beche de mer:
OK, but when you need to take a leak - as I always do when ambient pressure pushes my blood volume centrally - how do you deal with that?

Nothing compares with the blissful pleasure of emptying one's bladder into the icy waters and becoming enveloped in a layer of warm fluid....err, sorry, excuse me. Anyone want to borrow my wet suit?

I have a Bare 7mm wetsuit and it keeps me warm in all but the coldest water. I've used it in 50 degree water and it's been fine (Up to a point, I usually last about 30-40 minutes in sub-50s)

I love my drysuit though :)

I dive Monterey all year in a 7 mil 2-piece. The lower part is a long-john. This effectively gives 14 mm over the torso, and 7 mm over the limbs.

I couldn't imagine how much lead lead one would need for a 10mm or farmer john wetsuit! I've seen people wearing two wetsuits to keep from being cold. They wear about 40# of lead!! Yikes, going up and down the stairs at Laguna with my measley 16 lbs is enough lead! May as well go dry, the amount of lead is about the same!

I love my 6.5.4 seaquest suit for it's perfect fit. I also wear a 7 mm hooded vest and 5 mm gloves. The real trick to diving wet in cold water that has helped me is wearing booty socks under my booties. My wetsuit fits every curve and doesn't have any loose fit under the arms or in the crotch, which is key. But, I would choose a drysuit if i had one...the lead for a 10mm or farmer john wetsuit is about the same!

Back
Top Bottom