California Diving (Monterey Most Likely)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you can, try to get down to San Deigo and go diving with the Lois Ann dive boat. There are several shipwrecks near Mission Bay where the boat is berthed, and these are all fascinating dives, especially the Yukon, a Canadian destroyer 100+ meters long. I would call this the best diving in California.

San Diego Scuba Diving,San Diego Dive Boats,Lois Ann Dive Charters Home Page,San Diego California,san diego scuba diving boats,san diego boat dives,san diego scuba diving,san diego scuba diving charters,scuba diving san diego california

Second best is also in the south, at Santa Catalina. Dr. Bill can tell you more about that.

Both of these sites compares well with Florida, however you would need really thick wetsuits or a drysuit if you can find one to rent. Randy, who owns the Lois Ann can probably find you a really good dive store. He knows everyone!

Anything further north than this I would doubt you would find comparible to Florida. So it would be worth your effort to head south while you are on the Pacific Coast. Just my humble view.

Russ,
I don't know what you arrangements are but the shop I DM for, has a trip planned June 12-15. 3 nights accommodations & a 2 tank boat dive for 260.00, there will be plenty of people to pick a dive buddy. We will be doing group dives at Breakwater, Coral Street, Monastery Beach, & maybe one more towards Carmel. Each will have a DM familiar with the area.
The boat dive will be on Friday with Cypress Charters, call Todd at the shop for a boat only price.
Coral Sea Scuba - EVENTS
Rudy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom