California Diving Co. Dive Box

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mudchick

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I know that California Diving Co. went out of business but does anyone know if the boxes are still available somewhere? I looked at a large box that Stanley makes but the plastic seems kinda flimsy and it's just too large to handle easily.

Thanks.

When I bought my Stanley tub at Lowe's, they had two...one was HUGE (probably the one you saw) and the other was basically the same size as the CA diving co. one (I bought the smaller one). I have found it to be plenty sturdy (although definitely not as well-built as "The Dive Box") for carting SCUBA gear and it will hold all my cold water gear, minus regs. I even rigged up the lid so my tank/pony can be strapped to it and then I can literally tote EVERYTHING when I need to (Catalina Dive-Park trips). The tub is holding up fine thus far with about 30 dive-days logged.

Fortuitous free-base would be freakier!!!!!!

Tubstubstubstubstubstubstubstubstubstubs

Got it.
icon14.gif

I also have one of the smaller Stanley Job Boxes and it works great. I got it after seeing a picture one of the members here had posted (probably diver doug). I can fit all of my dive gear except tanks in the box.

eef5ad13-66f8-47e8-b887-4985ffeaf335_300.jpg

I use a Rubbermaid Action Box carries everything except the tanks and keeps the back of my Landy dry after the dives.

Great things for rinsing the gear out afterwards too

Very cool idea, I was going to order an Akona bag but you guys just saved me a grundle:D

Stanley makes two sizes.
My wife likes the smaller one and I use the larger one. We've used this set for 100's of dives so far.
DSC00003_Small_.JPG

Stanley makes two sizes.
My wife likes the smaller one and I use the larger one. We've used this set for 100's of dives so far.
DSC00003_Small_.JPG

Ahh... that's the picture I saw several months ago that made me go buy a pair of those boxes. Thanks for posting that :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom