Cale’s Swiss Army Knife?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CivilE

I break things
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Those of you who have read the Oxyhacker’s Companion, or spent some time on their website, probably know exactly what I am referring to. But for those who do not, you can see it about half way down this page.

I am looking to do something similar to this, but with a few more “bells and whistles” (CivilE’s Leatherman :D ). The problem that I am running into right now is finding a fitting that will allow me to attach the HP gauge to the first stage. Most HP gauges that I have seen are ¼” NPT, while the HP port on the Zeagle ReZort that I am using is 7/16”–20 UNF. I spoke with John, at North East Scuba Supply (which is where I would probably be ordering the gauge and most of the fittings and adapters from), and he indicated that no such fitting existed…

I have been able to find a high pressure fitting to go from the 7/16” to a 3/8”, which is the typical LP port size. I could use a 3/8” to ¼” NPT adapter on top of that, but I cannot find any information on the pressure rating of the NPT adaptor. The impression that I get is that most of these are used with LP.

So does anybody have any experience or suggestions with this kind of thing??

Thanks!

:cheers:

CivilE

Hi, there is such a fitting and you can probably find it at a hydraulics shop. I think its a -4 o-ring boss to 1/4" NPT adapter. I found them in Canada at a place called princess auto, but they are made of steel. I would have preferred brass or stainless. I did a quick search and came up with this list of the diameter and thread pitch...

SAE J514, Straight Thread O-Ring Boss (ORB)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom