CAD increases charter price

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pat:

Sorry to hear you're leaving Quincy. That was real convenient for me coming from the deep SS. Eastie is still closer than Gloucester, though. See you in May or so when the H2O temps are manageable.

LobstaMan/Jimmie O

With the new Mass Pike extension from 93 N you are in Eastie in no time. I have gone and checked all the routes to the marina and the trip from the SS was easier than from the NS by far. See you soon Jimmy.

Boston Diver Services:
With the new Mass Pike extension from 93 N you are in Eastie in no time. I have gone and checked all the routes to the marina and the trip from the SS was easier than from the NS by far. See you soon Jimmy.

Pat thanks for answering so many questions in this somewhat hi-jacked thread. If I could ask one more set:

Do you have a website? I'm interested in the sites you run to, your rate (is there still a difference between the weekend and the workweek), your booking policy (do you have to buy the boat, or can just 2 people sign up or what), etc., if I want to book your boat to dive spots off the South Shore (Cohasset) can I get an estimate (is it based on a day rate or hours)? Also, I think I remember hearing that have a X-mas tree ladder and are OK with people diving with doubles off your boat?

LobstaMan:
John/Mass-Diver:

TwoTanks....30 ft of viz @ Harding's Ledge! Wow, I'll have to check it. Haven't been there since I was a teenager. Without giving away any secrets, how's the lobstering in that area?

LobstaMan
Got 1 or 2, everything else had eggs or was too small. I found a lot of good vis last year but my lobster hunting was dismal.

TT

Thanks for the info. Sorry about the lack of bugs. Viz sounds great and I'll have to check it out this year. I remember diving w/ my dad there years ago and we found a very over-weighted belt on the bottom -- two 15 lb weights and a few other smaller ones. No wonder it was on the bottom! Viz wasn't 30 feet though.

LobstaMan

There's not much room on Pat's boat for doubles John... It might be doable for two divers, but with a full boat it could get pretty crowded.

I used Fran Marcoux at least twice last year maybe three times. I tell ya he is my standard as far as boat diving ops are concerned. Of course I was just certified last summer, and his boat operation was the charter that my dive group from Under Sea divers uses for their charters. So maybe I'm just partial, because he was my first.

I was very impressed and for a new diver I felt very relaxed and so forth. But as far as prices are concerned have any of you done a boat dive in Playa del Crmen of Cozumel?
Their prices are very similar to the 65- 70 dollar range. With the rising of gas and insurance prices rising, if you want these charters to stay in business they will have to raise prices a little to keep up with the cost of business.

What town is the wreck of the City of Salisbury located at?

It's on Graves' Ledge... East of Deer Island, and North of Point Allerton, Hull. It's pretty close to Outer Brewster Island if you check a chart, but it's in the neighborhood of 10 miles from shore, so I'm not sure what town that would make it, since towns are pretty much land based.

MSilvia:
There's not much room on Pat's boat for doubles John... It might be doable for two divers, but with a full boat it could get pretty crowded.

Thanks Matt, Pat sent me a very nice PM. He said with doubles, the number of divers would have to be less than the normal 5. Right now I only have doubles, but I might be getting a singles rig for shallow/shore diving - although I really like the twins for anything deeper than 30 or 40'.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom