Cabo San lucas trip report Sep 2004

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chocoholic

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
We stayed at the Playa Grande on the Pacific side of Cabo (we always stay there - 8 times), it's a short walk from the main part of town and much quieter. I love the beautiful pools and the Brigantine Restaurant on site, the rooms are huge with a complete kitchen.
We rented a car so we could go to San Jose del Cabo and Todos santos, plus to drive to CCC and Soriano's. (the taxis are quite expensive) The pastry section in CCC is great, and we always buy tequila and munchies there.
It was hot (90's) and even a little humid. Occassionally my camera lense would fog over before I could take a picture. My husband just had to golf and we nearly melted when we were out there, couldn't dive due to the hurricane that day.
Rented Kayaks and went around to the Sea Lion colony and the famous Los Arcos, the arch, as well as Lover's Beach.
DIVING:
31Aug04 Pelican Rock - Amigos del Mar
warm water 84 deg, no current wore a shortie and was just fine (and I am usually cold). Just a couple snorklers out and one other dive boat, but there were some other boats and Jetskis buzzing around (not directly overhead we could just hear them) during the entire dive. DM Julio. wandered around the base of Pelican Rock with Julio showing the way, he found a Sea horse to show us, lots of green eels, many moorish idols, parrot fish, eagle ray, lots of other fish I don't know names of yet. Oh, yes the five foot white tip reef shark who wandered around then disappeared.
2nd dive Land's End
surface choppy, rain, no current but a wicked surge at depth.
hit the 50 sand bottom and immediately several sea lions appeared. They swam around us and we kinda followed but the surge kept yanking us in between the wall and a big rock so we gave up and finned hard the other direction. Around the corner we saw loads of burrfish, an eel eating a fish, and some diving birds (so cool) comorants (?) and quite a few other fish. At the end of the dive Julio quacked his quacker and two sea lions zipped over to him and played. I banged my tank banger and one came over and looked directly in my mask about a foot away, awesome! She then buzzed me going from my fins to over my head and then back again. I decided against banging again because she had some fair sized teeth and I didn't want to p$$ her off. I watched the two sea lions play for a couple minutes, they wrestled and twisted around each other then just dissappeared. Bliss.

Nice trip report, will be there in a week for a week.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom