Cabo San Lucas Recommend Dive Shops?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

azstinger11

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Going to Cabo proper with the family for a family vacation. Looking at a day trip to Cabo Palmo (organized by a dive shop), but thinking of getting a few view dives in Cabo proper. Any shop recommendations or dive site preferences?

We've been to Cabo San Lucas twice, and used Manta Scuba both times.

On our second trip, they arranged to take us to Cabo Pulmo.

We've been to Cabo San Lucas twice, and used Manta Scuba both times.

On our second trip, they arranged to take us to Cabo Pulmo.

Good to hear, I think that’s who we were planning on using for the Cabo Pulmo anyways.

any chance you did the gordon banks trip with them?

Good to hear, I think that’s who we were planning on using for the Cabo Pulmo anyways.

any chance you did the gordon banks trip with them?

No, we haven't done that one. First trip we went with them to La Paz, second to Pulmo.

Dive Cabo are outstanding for Cabo San Lucas. They have a sister shop, East Cape Explorers, in San José del Cabo, that run trips to Gordo Banks, where I had an epic encounter with a couple hundred hammerhead sharks. Easy day trip and Dive Cabo can arrange the transfer. As for Cabo Pulmo, it’s an easy drive from Cabo San Lucas to Cabo Pulmo if you rent a car. Some dirt roads the last few miles but perfectly drivable. It would probably be much cheaper to drive the family there than to have the Cabo San Lucas dive shop take you there. Plenty of dive shops in Cabo Pulmo. The CSL dive shops will hand you off to a local dive shop anyway.

Thanks for the feedback. Out of the family just wife and I are divers, everyone else is there to soak up the sun. Wasn’t really planning on getting a rental car, we’re staying at the Westin and outside of the diving think the plan is mostly staying on resort (but don’t know for sure, we aren’t the ones planning).

Gordo Banks sounds amazing!

Can't really say much since we used only the Manta dive shop. But in addition to boat diving with them, we also rented tanks and did a couple of shore dives that were pretty decent.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom