Cabo san Lucas in July

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

El Cid

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have a buddy who's holding his bachelor party in July in Cabo San Lucas. I have a few questions about that time of year.
1) Whats the diving like in mid-July? Is it still too cold/nasty viz?
2) What dive operators do you recommend? Also any dive shops since I will probably rent a wetsuit, weights, tanks, and BC.
3) Any good wrecks in the area that are in the recreational range? I'm happy with being in the water but wrecks are definitly a favorite.

I'm trying to fly in a day before anyone else to dive but if it doesn't work out, I'll start the partying a day early. Thanks for the help.

I have a buddy who's holding his bachelor party in July in Cabo San Lucas. I have a few questions about that time of year.
1) Whats the diving like in mid-July? Is it still too cold/nasty viz?
2) What dive operators do you recommend? Also any dive shops since I will probably rent a wetsuit, weights, tanks, and BC.
3) Any good wrecks in the area that are in the recreational range? I'm happy with being in the water but wrecks are definitly a favorite.

I'm trying to fly in a day before anyone else to dive but if it doesn't work out, I'll start the partying a day early. Thanks for the help.

I went diving in Cabo three weeks ago and can help you out with a few of the questions:

Temperature:
The lowest water temperature my computer recorded for the week was 69 degrees and we had about 50ft vis. The DM said that the water temperature had just drastically changed (he said it was 60 degrees the week before) because of the currents coming out of the Sea of Cortez. He also said that the water temp/viz continues to increase through out the summer and that they have 100 ft viz and 80 degrees in October and November.

Dive Ops:
I dove 5 days with Amigos Del Mar and would recommend their operation. Their DMs were great, they have a nice dive boat (most ops use pangas) and Kevin the owner runs an efficient operation. We brought our own gear but they have rental gear at the shop and will set you up with everything you need.

Wrecks:
There are no wrecks (that I know of) to dive in CSL but there are some great dives. If you only have one day and are comfortable in current I would ask them to take you to lands end to dive with the sea lions. Depending on when you go this can be a wild ride because the surge currents between the two rocks where the sea lions hang out.

If you have a bit more time I would head out to Cabo Pulmo. Most dive ops only do Pulmo in the summer so we didn’t make it out there but it is definitely on my to-do list.

Another vote for Amigos del Mar, I use them every time I go to Cabo. they have well maintained rental gear, a couple nice boats and good DMs. Their shop is close to the Finisterra, Playa Grande, Sol Mar and Terra Sol Resorts and is close to the Dolphin Show and the docks. have fun.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom