Cabo San Lucas Dive Report from Baja Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive Report from Cabo San Lucas Jan.24th
Todays first Dive was at North wall.
Water Temp 72 degrees
Divers reported seeing Big Parrotfish, Morish Idols, RedLight Gobys, Guineafowl puffers,Bigscale Soldierfish.
2nd Dive was Pelican Rock
Divers reported seeing Giant Hawkfish, Golden Jacks, Porkfish, Triggerfish, Spotted Morays,and more.
Slight current at Pelican Rock.

Hey Jay, somtimes the reports are From the Morning Boat and sometimes the afternoon Boat.

Air Temp today was 82 Degrees

Good Diving to all
Dee

Dive Report from Cabo San Lucas Jan. 26th.
Todays first Dive was at Pelican Rock
Vis getting better 30 feet
Water Temp 71 Degrees
No current.
Divers saw Big Groupers Needlefish,Yellow Snappers, King Anglefish, lots of real nice Mirco Life at the safty stop.
Just a little wind but lots of sunshine.
Good Diving to all.
Dee

Hi Baja,

Can you suggest an inexpensive place to stay there? We are not interested in nightlife but shore diving nearby will be a huge bonus.

Thanks!

Hello from Cabo, The Siesta Suites and Mar De Cortez are really Close and cost around $60.00 a night.
You need to go to Santa Maria or Chileno Beach both are just Ok for beach Diving. But you will need a car as both are around 25 min.s away.
Let me know if you need any more Info.
Thanks
Dee

Thanks! Just OK why? Too shallow?

The canyons at Cabo have lots of rocks, ledges, that fish can hide and theres no surge so its protected and that gives all the plants and sea fans a chance to grow.

Todays first Dive was at Middle wall.
Vis was 50 feet
Water temp. 69 Degrees
No Surge or current
Air Temp 80 degrees and no wind.
Divers saw big Groupers a White Tip Reef Shark, Aschoolof golden Jacks, Porkfish, Blue and Gold Snappers Several Big lobsters.
2nd Dive was at Lands End
Divers saw a WhiteTip shark here as well. Also seen were Big Green Morays, Morish idols, King Anglefish and lots more tropical Fish.

Good Diving to all.
Dee

The canyons at Cabo have lots of rocks, ledges, that fish can hide and theres no surge so its protected and that gives all the plants and sea fans a chance to grow.
So is shore diving good there?

Well I guess that depends what your used to. I would rather Dive the walls here. But it is good compared to a lot of shore Diving that I have done in lets say So. Calf. Theres lots of tropical marine life every where you dive here and its easy access.

Thanks again. We like to have a choice, to go on a boat or shore dive instead. So these places you mentioned, The Siesta Suites and Mar De Cortez, they are close to some dive shops?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom