Cabo San Lucas... Been there?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jsh

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am thinking of going to Cabo for X-mas (2006), I would like to book my own place (with my wife), not fancy, no all inclusives, and do a bunch of diving, probably a 8-10 day trip. any recomondations? Is the diving there worth it?

Thanks

I like the the diving there, Gordo Banks is a sea mount at 110 feet deep, very cool deep water dive around the top of the mount. Cabo Pulmo towards the east coast, Sea of Cortez is a very rare western/northern hemisphere reef, a must do dive if in the area. The diving around CSL is fair to good, but it ain't Cozumel class. December the water should be warm still and there is whale watching too. Diversions is a great dive op IMO. I always stay at the Westin Club Regina, so I can't reccommend any good places to stay, but others will chime in.
My Cabo Trip Report

Hope this helps and welcome to :sblogo:

been diving in Thailand, Cambodia, Honduras, Cozumel, Cuba, Red Sea (when I was 12).. I think that's it... I though CSL was just down from La Paz, diving should be the same, no?

Just my wife and I going, she dives too, but not as much as me..

Some of my favorite dives were in Cabo. Lots of variety of sealife and features, and some cool surge and currents to play in. A little, cool, though, so take a wetsuit.

theskull

Well, isn't the Sea of Cortez walking distance around the point...? I thought the arches was B diving..lots of fish.

Jsh:
been diving in Thailand, Cambodia, Honduras, Cozumel, Cuba, Red Sea (when I was 12).. I think that's it... I though CSL was just down from La Paz, diving should be the same, no?

Just my wife and I going, she dives too, but not as much as me..

Nope. More life in La Paz. Much better diving there than Cabo San Lucas.

Thanks, know of any good places to stay or good dive shops at La Paz or CSL?

I like CSL. I've gone with Manta, Lands End and Underwater Diversions. I've been happy with all of them. My only issue is that the wetsuits they supply are a bit thin for December. I like 5mm over the 3mm they will supply. At a minimum, I'd add a vest.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom