Cabo Pulmo - dive site restrictions/limitations.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Your right..I shouldn't base my opinion on just two dives.
We did do a wreck (tug?) on the way to the island that was nice, the second was supposed to be a spot for Mobulas but they were not cooperative. Our short stop at their lunch spot on the Isla was amazing, I wish we would have had more time to hang out.
Our dive op seemed to cater to the Japanese. Three boats converged for lunch and it was a bit strange to hear everyone speaking Japanese in MX. We were the only ones speaking spanish..:)

I'll check it out maybe when i go back to CP!

I'm in palo alto, but like most people my local dive area is going to be monterey/point lobos!
i've never gone up north. some day i'll try it!

Love Point Lobos!
I have never done tank diving up north, just abalone diving which is much harder than it seems!

We did do a wreck (tug?) on the way to the island that was nice
Salvatierra? Not a tug but a cargo ship that ran aground on Swanee Reef (which we also dove). I think this wreck was my favorite dive in La Paz (tied with the sea lions at Los Islotes)

the second was supposed to be a spot for Mobulas but they were not cooperative.
Punta Lobos? We did see some mobulas on this dive but I must admit that it was one of the creepiest dives I've done. It was my first dive in blue water and I'm almost 100% sure I was hit by a "dark narc".

Our short stop at their lunch spot on the Isla was amazing, I wish we would have had more time to hang out.
Some ops have camps on the island. We're going to do that next time we're in La Paz - saves you the 2hr each way boat ride from La Paz and it's very luxurious.

Our dive op seemed to cater to the Japanese. Three boats converged for lunch and it was a bit strange to hear everyone speaking Japanese in MX. We were the only ones speaking spanish..:)
We experienced this too!! My wife and I were the only non-Japanese customers on all the days we dove in La Paz. I was talking to one of the DMs (the dive op owner's younger brother) and he said that La Paz in general is very popular with Japanese tourists. The small local airport even has direct flights to/from Tokyo.

Just curious..where in the BA are you? (I'm in the Walnut Creek area)

Sorry for the super late reply!
I'm in Palo Alto!

Went back to Cabo Pulmo Nov 2017 and March 2018. Flights booked for Nov 2018. But still haven't made it to La Paz!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom