Cabo feedback needed for my escape

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JENANDKEN:
We are going to Cabo August 25-Sept 5, Does anyone have any experience going there during that time and can tell us what to expect as far as weather and visibility goes??. I know it will be HOT but we live in Houston and it's always hot here! I'm more concerned about the rain. As far as Hotels go it's a toss up between the Hacienda Beach resort and the Melia del Sol. How is the pool at Hacienda and do they have a swimable beachl? I know the Melia is directly on the beach and I assume has a swimable beach but with that gorgeous pool who needs it after your morning dive. Is it
a comfortable walk to town from from the Melia or is it 10 miles away, I'm confused.
Thanks for any feedback or help anyone can provide as I make my plan for my escape!!
Any other reccomendations on Hotels
The water temp last year for Labor Day weekend was in the mid 80's and wonderful. i used a shortie because I always need more insulation. I did miss two days of diving due to a hurricane but the vis was still pretty good. I always use Amigos del Mar because they have the best boats with oxygen, not a panga. I would recommend Sol Mar if you are on a tight budget but want about a 3 star, or 5star Playa Grande which is gorgeous, both hotels are 5 minute walk downhill to Amigos del mar.
We did have a little rain when we were there, but not much, very humid though. I'll be there the Labor Day weekend too, but not arriving til Sep 3. Have fun! Oh, look at tripadvisor.com for more in-depth info about the hotels. We stayed at the Sheraton Hacienda del Mar for two days last september and we enjoyed it, couldn't swim off the beach because of the high surf due to Hurricane, but nice pool. Choco

Jen and Ken, do y'all have plans for a night dive on Friday evening, 26Aug? I've just slammed together my plans, and will be diving Cabo Pulmo on Saturday, 27Aug. I want to maximize my weekend with a night dive on Friday. My flight arrives at Los Cabos airport about 2:30 pm that afternoon, so I would be in plenty of time for a night dive in either CSL or Cabo Pulmo. However, night dives for CSL would be more available. I've emailed my favorite divemaster in Cabo Pulmo, who doubts that there will be a sufficient party for a night dive there. If nothing else, maybe we could shore-dive from Chileno Beach that evening. (I'm a solo traveler, no buddy.) Then I would either stay the night on the Corridor, or drive on through to Cabo Pulmo.

Anybody else?

Cheers,
Wayne

Back
Top Bottom