Cabo Dive Report 6/17/08

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LLKZ16

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Date: 6/17/08
Dive Location: Cabo San Lucas (Middle Wall & Pelican Rock)
Time: 11:44 am & 2:06 pm
Bottom Time: 45 min & 55 min
Max Depth: 90 & 78 fsw
Vis: 20-30 feet
Wave height: N/A Boat
Temp at depth: 61F
Surface Temp: 87F

For vacation this year, we decided to sign up for the Disney Cruise (3 Kids Yikes!!!) because they were offering a Mexican Rivera tour once again for the summer months. The last time we did this was 2 summers ago for the 50th Anniversary and we had such a nice time, we decided to do it again.

First dive stop was Cabo San Lucas. I have been here a few other times and look forward to it every time we go. The last time I was down in Cabo was in August which is their off season and I noticed that when we were there a couple of weeks ago that the boat traffic and amount of people out on the water was INSANE. Cabo is an excellent dive spot but with this many people out, I thought that it was a bit unsafe. I decided to go with Amigos Del Mar based on personal timing with family activities and recommendations. I thought that they did a great job overall. The DM Jim was very personable and knowledgeable.

The first dive was Middle Wall and the second dive was Pelican Rock. The first thing I noticed when I hit the water was that it was VERY COLD for Cabo standards. The last time I was down there was in August and the water was in the mid high 80’s and not the low 60’s like a couple of weeks ago. The vis was pretty good but then again, when you are use to So Cal vis, anything else is fantastic. My goal was to shoot new Nudi’s and also with luck, spot a Sea Horse. I did OK for the Nudi’s but I was told by Jim that this is too early in the season for Sea Horses. They apparently start showing up when the water gets warmer.

Below are a collection of shots from both dives:

Group61708.jpg

DiveSite61708.jpg

Buddy1261708.jpg

BandedGuitarfish261708.jpg

JewelMoray261708.jpg

PanamaGraysby61708.jpg

GraybarGrunt61708.jpg

GreenMoray161708.jpg

CortezDamselfish261708.jpg

ElysiaDiomedea361708.jpg

HypselodorisAgassizii161708.jpg

ReefCornetfish61708.jpg

CoralHawkfish161708.jpg

SlatePencilUrchin261708.jpg

Here is the entire gallery of pictures. I also have a cool Guitarfish video on the page too:
LLKZ16/Cabo 61708 - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Nice Nudis! :eyebrow:

We are going next week to Cabo for 4 days of diving. If you have a minute and can let me know who you dived with and if you liked them - I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!
SMW

Based on experience, my #1 choice is Underwater Diversions and my #2 choice is Amigos Del Mar.

Have Fun!!!

cool, great pics and report, cant wait to go, just have to make the time.

Got the dive operators - any favorite accommodations - we want to play some golf as well

"favorite accommodations" is a dangerous question when it comes to ones bank account.......lol

I would go for:

One And Only Palmilla
http://www.oneandonlyresorts.com/flash.html

Las Ventanas al Paraíso
Luxury Beach Resorts | Las Ventanas al Paraiso | Los Cabos Vacations & Spa Resorts

Esperanza
Cabo San Lucas Resorts · Small Luxury Boutique Beach Resort Hotel in Cabo San Lucas Mexico, Baja California

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom