Cab Fares... PDC, akumal etc

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AmyJ

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Just trying to decide on renting a car this time. We usually do, but we won't be travelling as much this time so considering just using the taxis. Any round figures on taxi fare...

mayan Palace to PDC
MP to Puerto Morales
MP to Akumal

Thanks so much!!! Leaving in 2 Days!! YAY!

Here is a what a cab cost from Puerto Morelos to Tulum $40.00 one way. (They wanted $60) The bus was less than $5.00

You might want to try using the bus. It's very inexpensive, safe & easy to use. The collectivo taxi is $22 pesos - about $2.20 US. It is a van that holds about 10 or 11 people. There is also the big coach bus ASO, I think it's called. Also very inexpensive. They run up & down Hwy 307 all day & I caught a bus back to Puerto Morelos as late as 9:30PM. If you are heading south of PDC you will transfer collectivo taxis in PDC - no big deal. You walk about 2 blocks & catch the southbound ride & pay another $22 pesos. If you are going to Puerto Morelos on the bus I highly recommend taking a cab from the highway into town. I walked it twice - it's 2 kilometers or as my daughter liked to say KILL-o-meters. (cause it's a killer) The cabs are usually sitting in the empty lot waiting for people to get off the bus. Cab fare into Puerto Morelos is $2 US
I also took the bus back to the airport. $3.30 US f/ me & $1.70 for my daughter. Best part was, I got on last so my luggagae was the 1st off. Whoo-hoo!

Amy,

Just check my FAQ page. You should know better :D

Taxi rates

I hope you are having a good holiday!

Dennis

Hey Dennis! Had a good trip, but missed you! Dove with Akumal Dive adventures. Got 3 in one day, Kerry got a fourth the next morning ( I was with the kids). Looking forward to being back! And hoping to dive with YOU! :)

Ended up renting a car for 3 days instead of the whole week. Shouldn't have even asked. I know I don't want to pay cab fares down there! ouch! Which is why we always rent... this time would be different because???? Don't know what I was thinking!

Pez de Diablo:
Amy,

Just check my FAQ page. You should know better :D

Taxi rates

I hope you are having a good holiday!

Dennis

Back
Top Bottom