CA in TCI

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kallardnyc

Reaction score
On another forum (travel forum, not dive forum) this has been posted...

"... I went with Caico's Adventures the first trip and found their boats to be crowded and rushed. Between dives you get a 1/2 sandwich washed down with warm gatoraid or warm water. You get all of this to share with 30 or so fellow divers too!..."

After all the good I read here about CA, how can this guy not like CA? I have read it a couple of times on this same forum. I am wondering if it is all the same a s s that has something that he does not like about Fifi.

We are going in August and will most likely dive with CA.

I say dont worry about a thing. I dove with them last month for 3 days and thought they were very proffessional and helpful. They have several boats and I guarantee there will not be 30 divers on board. I enjoyed diving with them a lot, Fifi and the whole crew are great. The one day that they did have like 25 or so divers, they used two boats to go out. The boats are large 45-50 ft each and very accomodating for divers. I certainly hope than nobody is expecting anything more than sandwiches, donuts, etc.. as food in between dives. Does anyone really think they will get a gourmet 3 course meal with desert on a dive boat? You get sandwiches and donuts. There are coolers with gatorade and water. I thought it was the best dive boat and operation I have ever been on and so do most people that use them. If you really want to use a smaller dive operatore try Flamingo or Big Blue but Caicos Adventures comes highly recommended. There will always be a select few who are not happy with anything and some may genuinely not enjoy their time. It is best do what you initially thought would be best, just remember that an overwhelming majority probably recommends CA highly. There will always be some who nitpick or are not happy with anything and most probably this results from a situation that may not have aything to do with the actual instance (dive operator) but a more personal problem that they get caught on and as a result are not able to enjoy themselves or are overtly critical. You shouldnt worry about it too much and dont get caught up on all the little details, I think after a point you have stop planning and just do whatever you initially wanted to do. Just remember that CA is a well-known and liked operator in the dive community, trust them and go dive and dont over-analyze beforehand. You will have a good time.

Thanks for that Starlan. I'm going to be there in 25 days and I picked CA because of all the high compliments form this site. Like you said there are always going to be people who aren't happy no matter what you do. Plus, it could possibly be a competitor or foe trying to smear Fifi's name.

We dove with CA and there was ample room, leftover sandwiches so some of us had 2! Fifi runs a class operation, I would not worry about your decision. Enjoy!

Hi kallardnyc,

I have dove with Fifi for many, many years and have consistently enjoyed myself. He likes diving & sincerely wants others to enjoy themselves. Please tell him I sent my best. I prefer the small Hercules to the two much larger cats if you can get it, but it's all good.

As for the food, as Starlan suggests who goes on a day dive boat for the snacks? You want gourment food? When the diving day is over, go to Aqua or Coyaba or a number of the other fine restaurants on the island. CA will serve you hearty sandwiches, so-so doughnuts, and water & Gatorade that won't be ice cold. Trust me, it'll sustain you ; )

Have fun.

DocVikingo

The food was not what caught my eye in the post, it was...

"...rushed and crowded...".

I never did doubt them. they do they type of diving that I like.

I'll be diving with them this July. I'll be sure to report back how things went. (I am confident it will be a class A operation.)

Been diving with them for years. CA is anything but rushed and crowded.

KALLARDNYC
Dont worry, I'm sure you will enjoy it. I heard that some great divers will be on the same boat with you....:wink:

I thought I was going to be the only one there with any greatness. Is there enough to go around?

I heard there will be a freak in a FFM.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom