C7070 v/s C8080

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

micahjt

Contributor
Reaction score
I was settling in on the C8080 as a final choice for a new camera when I heard that the focus time is really slow underwater. I was wondering if the C7070 has the same issue? Any other thoughts when comparing the two??

I heard that the C-8080 has noise issues in low light conditions. I personally chose the C-7070 for physical size and not wanting to "discover" the low light problems that have been discussed. I have been absolutely delighted with my C-7070 and functionality, especially with true TTL, supermacro and RAW editing. See supermacro photo I took a few days ago with the C-7070 in this forum.

I have the 8080....like it...still wish I had gone with the 7070. Slow doesnt even begin to describe its focus time.

That said, I have had no problems with noise in my low light images.

LJS_Jan2606027.jpg

P2060039.jpg

I'm starting to hear good things about the Fuji E900. I'm leaning that way for the moment. It appears both the Oly and Canons have some issues.

The 7070 also has a slow focus time , especially in low light conditions . The answer is to use a focus light or a strobe with one built in . I'm waiting patiently for the S&S YS 110 to become available .

Safe Diving

Andrew

Back
Top Bottom