C5060/Ikelite TTL Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dan Yuchnovicz

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Hey All,
After a lot of work I decided on the C5060 in an Ikelite housing with dual DS125s and dual TTL sync cord. I'm struggling a bit with the set up however. Ike's suggested settings (M, f5.6,1/100s, ext flash, Slow1)

My issues are two: 1)I cannot seem to turn off the internal flash. I set the flash to External (not external + internal) and Slow1. The ttl connector is in the C5060 hot shoe but the internal flash still fires. Only way to stop it is to turn it off but then Slow1 cannot be selected.

The above may relate to problemn 2)
While the TTL works well at close range, I cannot make the strobes fire at full intensity. For example I set app. to f8 1/100s and took pictures in one foot increments, moving back from subject. Instead of flash power being increased, the image brightness strats to drop off at 5 feet and is pretty dark by six feet. If the flashes are then set to Full Power, the image is washed out, indicating that there is plenty of power avaiable, but the TTL is not calling for it.

Any suggestions?

Update: Turns out that the C5060 flash will fire even if set for external mode IF the camera does not sense the external flash in the hotshoe. I tried it on the C5060 wityhout the housing and it will fire the internal flash if it cannot talk to the external flash in the hot shoe. Ike said that the TTL circuit in the housing must not be communicating, probably due to a broke wire. Wanted the whole unit back (housing, strobes and sync cord) to make sure that it was functioning properly. Cool!
Dan

Dan Yuchnovicz:
Update: Turns out that the C5060 flash will fire even if set for external mode IF the camera does not sense the external flash in the hotshoe. I tried it on the C5060 wityhout the housing and it will fire the internal flash if it cannot talk to the external flash in the hot shoe. Ike said that the TTL circuit in the housing must not be communicating, probably due to a broke wire. Wanted the whole unit back (housing, strobes and sync cord) to make sure that it was functioning properly. Cool!
Dan
That sounds like the correct diagnosis. Good luck. Sounds like you have an excellent setup.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom