c5060 and PFL-01 flash housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubaroo

Contributor
Reaction score
Soooo... anyone got this combination? Olympus has released a flash housing that mates to the PT-020 housing for the C5060, for TTL flash photography underwater.

Reviews?

I only know 2 people who've gotten the 5060 and neither one has the housing yet. I've heard the housings for the flash and add-on lens won't be released until spring.

From what I read on the net, some people seemed to be skeptical about Oly flash housing as it is not a very powerful flash so may be it won't all that useful except for macro. Also the flash will sit right on top of the housing so backscatter could be a problem.
The better solution I think is the Ikelite strobe, if you want TTL with 5060. Now, just hope Ike will offer it to C5050 as well.
(I apologize that I am repeating this a bit a other threads as well, hope Ike is reading so I can get a little lobbying campaign going for the C5050 TTL :) )

Back
Top Bottom