C300 free flow

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hello,
My SP C300 just started free flowing when i get in the water..It is a really aggressive free flow, not just a little bang against your hand free flow. Any ideas what might be wrong? I'm also looking for instructions on how to disassemble it so I can take a closer look at whats going on. Thanks!!

set it to pre-dive until you're ready to dive...they are tuned like that. I just put my finger across the opening to stop it. easy to disassemble/reassemble.

Sounds like a properly working, well tuned reg. The freeflow is the result of the venturi assist that is designed into the reg doing what it's susposed to do. Setting the predive (+/-) lever to - will help but the best way to prevent it is to gently fill the reg with water. For giant stride entries, hold the reg with your hand over the mouthpiece as you enter then gently fill the reg with water.

set it to pre-dive until you're ready to dive...they are tuned like that. I just put my finger across the opening to stop it. easy to disassemble/reassemble.

Thanks for the quick reply. It seems like its free flowing more than usual...if that is even possible. I lost like 200-300 psi after just a second or 2. Changing to predive mode does help but filling it wit water doesn't. What do you mean put your finger across the opening to stop it? Thanks again.

---------- Post added July 19th, 2013 at 06:37 AM ----------

Sounds like a properly working, well tuned reg. The freeflow is the result of the venturi assist that is designed into the reg doing what it's susposed to do. Setting the predive (+/-) lever to - will help but the best way to prevent it is to gently fill the reg with water. For giant stride entries, hold the reg with your hand over the mouthpiece as you enter then gently fill the reg with water.

setting the predive lever to - definitely stops it but filling the reg with water doesn't. I do mostly shore diving and as soon as the reg touches the water i lose like 300psi. It never did this before although I think it was indeed always on predive mode. I also have a g250v that never free flows but I think it has the same venturi assist...could there be anything wrong with the c300? I guess its just the amount of free flow that is concerning me...it seems unusual. Thanks again!

mine is the same way...i just leave it on pre-dive till i am ready to go.

Set to - and if still easily free-flowing, just dial it back some - there's an external adjustment knob. Try 1/4 turn or maybe 1/2 turn clockwise. If it takes more than that, it probably needs a simple adjustment. Taking it apart yourself isn't helpful if you don't know how to tune a reg & have the adjustment tools required to do so.

To stop the free-flow, put your finger across the mouthpiece hole or if in the water point the mouthpiece down. Stop banging your 2nd stage in your hand, as it's not effective at anything besides hitting yourself.

Set to - and if still easily free-flowing, just dial it back some - there's an external adjustment knob. Try 1/4 turn or maybe 1/2 turn clockwise. If it takes more than that, it probably needs a simple adjustment. Taking it apart yourself isn't helpful if you don't know how to tune a reg & have the adjustment tools required to do so.

To stop the free-flow, put your finger across the mouthpiece hole or if in the water point the mouthpiece down. Stop banging your 2nd stage in your hand, as it's not effective at anything besides hitting yourself.

It stops free flowing when i move it all the way to - and predive but it won't stop when it is turned upside down or with finger over the mouthpiece. Just seems like an abnormal free flow so i was worried mainly because it has never done this before. I will keep diving with it set to - and keep an eye on this thread in case someone has any ideas why it would just start doing that after over a year of no issues. Thanks!

FS

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom