C-Card

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's a lotta plastic represented in your sig line...
And I suspect each one of those cost some $$$
So that's a lotta dough represented too!!!

How many dives do you have?

it was $295.00. Now it $335.00. But that includes all class and pool sessions, all "non-personal" SCUBA equipment, two dives at Cypress Springs (they use Vortex now), Two dives at Morrison Springs, One night of hotel in Panama City Beach, use of books and C-card. You had to provide mask, fins, snorkel and boots.
There are no class size limitations. I seen as small as one and as large as twelve). AOW has a minimum size of three. Although private lessons are available.
Our local YMCA doesn't have scuba classes, but recommends my LDS (who does the pool sessions at the YMCA). This class was about 8-12 hours of class and 8-10 hours of pool.

At other LDS here, (From their website)
TOTAL COST FOR THE ENTRY LEVEL SCUBA COURSE

Basic gear: $300 or more
Course fee: $75 with a minimum purchase of $300 ($200 with no purchase)
Home Study Kit: $95 (includes text, dive tables, log book, & c-card fee)
Open water dive trips start at $125 plus transportation, food, and lodging. Other dive trips available at extra cost depending on the location.
(end of paste)
This class is six sessions, class and pool combined.

Jarhead

well to me a good class should be limited to a certain number of students per instructor if larger they should have some assistants,
my self I been certified for
since 1978 but hadnt dove for like 12 years recently got back into it and glade I did.
second as far as equipment I recently bought mine , I spent $3000 but I went top line apeks atx 200 regulator
TX 100 for spare air(OCTO)
sherwood avid bc with folding snorkol
henderson gold 5 mm suit
wieght soft for bC
fins mares avito
mask because my wide head found a parkway that fit me good
tank 80 alumium
computer package
cobra package complet package , compass, diving transfer to computer dive log ect
to me try some of all the equipment and look at diffrent shops equipment some shops have good equipmnet but not good instructors ect average price various, but to be honest the first course you take the open water is the basics of diving and you learn you most important skills there from there you just get better knowledge and trained with further you go just remember one thing training and diving is a sport enjoy it and be safe

UP,
I know your not a math guy but... 11 X 4 = 44
BTW, that wasn't nice

UP,
11 certs at an estimated average of 4 dives per class = 44 dives. Just guessed at where your question was leading.

but NASE requires 55 dives just to begin the DiveMaster program. I don't know the minimum required for Assistant Instructor.

Jarhead

MikeFerrara once bubbled...
Just guessed at where your question was leading.
It was too obvious, huh?

`````````

But my real point was actually more subtle...
Sometimes you pays up front....
And sometimes in drips~n~drabs.

And (at most) you get what you pay for. And (all else being equal) what you get is preportional to the effort you put in. Something worthwhile is usually not easy nor cheap.

Generally speaking of course.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom