c-5060

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jsmharley

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Where is a good place to buy a 5060 at? I have a Sony Cybershot atm with Sony housing and did does good, but would like to a better camera for below and above water. There are probably better choices out there but this seems to be the package I am looking for, and would be a great learning exp as well. Thanks for the input...

5060's are discontinued - most likely you'll be able to get used or refurbished (maybe oly's ebay store)

Yup, they appear on e-bay quite regularly - or maybe consider a 7070 as well. Just make sure you can get a housing as well.

If you pick up a 5060 and want a PT-020 for it, I have an extra one I would sell. I picked it up in package deal when I was looking for an Inon D-180 strobe. I just wanted the strobe and arms but got the PT-020 in the deal too.

one word of warning(and i am not trying to bust anyone's bubble here) but, i have a buddy who is currently looking for a housing for his C5060. he informs me that there is a weak spot(prone to leaking) in the PT-020. he also informs me that the C5060 will work in the PT-027 housing, should one not want to go with the Ike housing. if anyone can confirm this or knock it down feel free to comment.

Bill

There are plenty of horror stories about underwater housings, and the PT-020 has it's share. I can't comment on all of them, but I've had my PT-020 for two years and have made 125 dives with it, shot about 6,000 pictures and (knock on wood) have not had a problem yet. An instructor friend of mine, NOT a photographer, said that it's not IF an underwater housing is going to flood,but WHEN! You do have to be really particular about how you clean, grease and replace the o-rings on any housing.

GONEHAWKN:
one word of warning(and i am not trying to bust anyone's bubble here) but, i have a buddy who is currently looking for a housing for his C5060. he informs me that there is a weak spot(prone to leaking) in the PT-020. he also informs me that the C5060 will work in the PT-027 housing, should one not want to go with the Ike housing. if anyone can confirm this or knock it down feel free to comment.

Bill
If you do get a 5060 or a 7070 the Tetra is the only way to go!

Back
Top Bottom