C-5000 or C-750

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cheo

Reaction score
Hi all,

Im considering purchasing the C-5000 or the C-750.... anybody willing to share their experiences or opinions?

Cheers!

These two models are quite different as respects features. Just a few differences are:
1. The C5000 is 5 megapixel and the C750 is 4 MP.
2. The C5000 has 3x optical zoom and the C750 has 10X. That is a major difference.
3. The C5000 has movie mode without sound and the C750 has sound.
The 5000 is the successor to the 4000. Keep in mind that both the 4000 and 5000 are lesser versions of the 4040 and the 5050 respectively and have less features, such as no sound in the movie modes. The 4000 and 5000 are therefore cheaper in price and were made to be more marketable by Olympus than the 4040 and 5050.
Both are good cameras and either is a good choice in my opinion. Keep in mind that 10X optical zoom may not be of that much use underwater when trying to cover a long distance. The density of water may cause a lot of digital noise in the photo. The 10X zoom is more of a plus on land. Also keep in mind that Olympus does not have a stabilization feature on the C750 camera when it comes to zooming that far out. It's not that easy to keep a camera real still on 10X zoom underwater. The sound feature isn't of much use underwater either.

I have a C4000 and hardly ever use it on land so I don't care about the longer zoom or movie mode sound features. However, if I used my camera for more land shots I would want the C750 for its zoom feature.

Thanks for the detailed summary!! Cheers!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom