Bye Bye Digital Strobe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rcpilot44

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am diving in Grand Cayman with my new DC 600 with their new digital strobe. I have about 12 dives with my new rig and yesterday the arm that holds the strobe to the camera tray came loose. I tightened up the screw and it felt good. Took it on one dive this morning all was OK. My second morning dive to must have loosed up again and it completely fell off never to be seen again. Is this a problem that is others are having. I thought I read that someone else lost theirs. What is Sealife doing about this design problem?? Off to Cathy Church's shop and see what she could do for me..

rcpilot,

Sorry to hear you lost your strobe. Please send in what you have left to our service center for our evaluation. We’ll will do our very best to correct this issue and make you happy.

Since this is a public forum, we would like to take this opportunity to reassure anyone reading these messages that the problem described above is an isolated case and not a design flaw. The arm is secured to the base using a ¼-20 stainless steel bolt, lock washer and nut assembly. We add thread lock to prevent the bolt from loosening and perform 100% quality inspection. It is possible to remove the arm and base for service reasons. We have no explanation for what happened in this case but will evaluate the base and see if there is any way we can make further improvements.

Thank you,
Denise

Denise,
where should I send my camera and strobe mount to and should I send it to your attention. I will enclose a copy of my receipt

You can send it in to our service department at 97 Foster Rd. Suite 5. Moorestown, NJ 08057. Just include a note with the problems you are having (or print out this thread) and your contact information. You can send it to Karl, our service technician's, attention.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom