BVI: Anegada Snorkel Trip Report with Photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alashas

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I did my certification dives with Dive BVI - It's what we do! on Virgin Gorda in '03, and we've returned to the BVI for several vacations over the past 2 years. The islands are beautiful, with lots of great beaches, excellent restaurants and bars, and friendly people. I've done about 40 dives there, and have found the coral to be reasonably healthy with lots of reef fish. The dive shops are very good to excellent. Nearly all of the dives are guided boat dives.

In Sept., we island hopped with 2 other couples to Jost Van Dyke, Virgin Gorda, and then Anegada for the last 3 days of our trip. Anegada is surrounded by Horseshoe Reef, the largest barrier reef in the Caribbean and 3rd largest in the world. The island is a coral atoll, and the reef is very close to shore along the entire north side of Anegada.

I snorkeled Loblolly Bay on Anegada 6 times and wrote a trip report with photos about my snorkeling experiences that I posted on TravelTalkOnLine here: Traveltalkonline: Anegada Snorkel Trip Report with Photos

Cheers, alashas honeymoon2's photos- powered by SmugMug

Enjoyed reading your post! I am considering a sailing charter to BVI in June and your post and links answered many of my questions - thank you!

Hello,

We are heading to Anegada in April. Still researching where to stay. Any suggestions? Which side of the island is better? We like to snorkel, and we dive. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

That brings back memories for me! I did everything from AOW-Rescue with Dive BVI, and did almost 140 dives with them. I gotta get back there and catch up with the Leverick Bay staff sometime!

Thanks for your kind remarks, xric, Anegada really is a "one of a kind" place in the Caribbean. Here are some photos of our day trip there with Dive BVI Anegada Day Trip in early Jan: honeymoon2 : photos : Virgin Gorda Anegada Day Trip with Dive BVI- powered by SmugMug

neptune island,
The best beaches on Anegada are on the north shore and I'd look at the places there. The best place to stay on the island is probably Lavenda Breeze - The Luxury Villa on Anegada, British Virgin Islands a 3 bedroom villa right on Loblolly. It was booked in Sept, and the other place on Loblolly is Anegada Watersports which is where we stayed. Both of these places are fully furnished and you can save quite a bit of $ by bringing all of your breakfast and lunch items and eating in your villa. 1 bedroom has AC in Lavenda Breeze and all of the bedrooms have AC in Loblolly Cottages.

Cow Wreck was closed in Sept., and it is a very nice place to stay Welcome to Cow Wreck Beach Resort We had lunch there during our day trip from Virgin Gorda last week and thoroughly enjoyed our shark tacos. "Hidden Treasure" is the only villa there with AC at the moment, but I was told that they are putting AC in the other units.

This link is helpful and I think lists all of the places to stay on Anegada: Anegada, Neptune's Treasure

There are some very good restaurants on Anegada and call them up by 4 p.m. in order to let them know you'll be having dinner with them. Big Bamboo is right on Loblolly and they stayed open for dinner for us in Sept. even though we were the only ones there 284 499-1680. We really enjoyed Liston Potter and his "Potters by the Sea" restaurant near the dock 284 495-9182 and did our other 2 dinners there.

We Be Divin - Caribbean Scuba Diving in the British Virgin Islands does shore dives on Anegada. But also check at the # above for Big Bamboo. They have built a dive shop in a gazebo at the restaurant that may be open by now.

teknitroxdiver,
Wow, you did a lot of dives with Dive BVI - It's what we do! ! They are a really great bunch of folks. We did our OW certification dives with Leverick in July 03. Corey is the only DM still there from 03. We had dinner with her and Paul when we were on VG a week and a half ago. I did 10 dives with them out of VGYH. I don't have those photos posted yet, but have some others from BVI dives posted here: honeymoon2's photos- powered by SmugMug

Cheers, alashas

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom