Buying wetsuits online

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My LDS's price for a women's Henderson 3mm was the same as LP. Acutally it was cheaper since the LDS was in Canadian $ and no $50 fedex charge. Not to mention if it didn't fit she didn't have to buy as it was a stock item that was just ordered. For my 3mm pinnacle I did have to go through quite a few suits to fit one that fit. I did order a 4th element thermoprene 2 piece that fit but I wouldn't order a wetsuit online, the element was more of an undergarment and more forgiving.

You're in the service?

---------- Post added August 28th, 2013 at 01:08 PM ----------

I'll buy LDS if they have a good price or have some extra benefit. Of course here in FL, there's dive shops ever few miles and many times several within a mile of each other. I ended up buying my gear online because the LDS where I did my training wasn't even close with used gear that I tried and didn't like. Then the price changed depending on who I was talking too, so I moved on and got all new gear having spent only an extra $100 and the gear I got was an upgrade. The LDS closest to my house has some good prices on accessories, so I've been picking stuff up here and there from them. I have never tried something on at my LDS solely to check fit and then purchased the item online. That would feel dirty.

You are closer to the border than I! With the way I drive and with the car I the savings would evaporate before I hit the border..... Doesn't Dan's Dive shop have rather lower prices due to the proximity to the border? I shop at Aquarius and can't complain about their prices, some of the other shops around me...ouch!!!!

You're in the service?

/QUOTE]

US Army, in Kaiserslautern.

Two of the dive shops here are great and organize trips for Germans, Americans, and both together. Plus they offer full English speaking instructors all the way through PADI DivE Master. There is one other shop, but the guy running it is kind of rude so I'll happily pay a little more to do business with the friendlier shops!
-Luke

+1 for Bare. Bought two, one from Scuba.com and one from LeisurePro. Great experiences with both vendors and Bare fits like a glove on my hard to fit body.

What are the thoughts on semi-dry? I found a great deal on LP, almost half what scuba.com has this same suit listed for and according to the BARE website sizing chart I am at the top end of the M size. 170 lbs, 5'10, 39" chest, 34" waist, 37" hips. I'm not really sure how to accurately measure my torso or inseam, so I'm gambling there.
wetsuits-drysuits-mens-chart.jpg

This is the suit I'm looking at: Bare 8/7mm Velocity Sem-Dry Men's Hooded Suit | LeisurePro

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom