Buying Regulators - Recommendations Please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Titan.

N

Might as well throw my two cents in. I have used several and I like my legend!!

What about Sherwood reg? So far I've been renting Sherwood Brute, but there are other Sherwood Models.

None of the regs mentioned will be anything but very good, but if you want the best breather, the only choice is Atomic.

None of the regs mentioned will be anything but very good, but if you want the best breather, the only choice is Atomic.

Ah and you know this from personal experience? With that I mean you have dived Apeks, Oceanic, Mares, Diverite, Scubapro, Poseidon, Cressi, Aqualung, Sherwood, etc etc Because how are you going to give an informed opinion? And even then this is just your subjective feel on how it breaths. Next to that you can start to test the amounts of joules inhalation effort it takes for different regulators at different depths. You could talk to service technicians who will service alot of regulators from different types of divers... but hey they probably don't service all regulators only the ones their LDS sells..

So how does a new diver make an informed decision... right by listening to guys like you stating that their regulator is the best.

Cheers

And yes I've done it too... but I at least try not to sound as the latest Scuba advertisement.

^burn.

I'm getting my advance OW and about had it with rental gear. My next dive is a night dive (17th) so I did a pool dive last night to get familar with the equipment I'm renting. Ugh. I just want something that I am familiar with so I can form a routine when setting up. I always feel like I'm forgetting something with rental gear because everybody has something different.

Much like the OP here, I'm loooking are regs too. I have zero experience on anything other than cheap rental gear. I'm thinking about Oceanic Delta 4 or I found an XS Scuba Seaair. It had great reviews online, but I haven't searched here yet for other recommendations. I'm in no rush

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom