Buying new vs used - pros & cons?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Narked@90 blinky HUD is about $1200 through Kiss. The $500 Fathom seems a much better option. The friend who recommended it to me loves it.

Where are you located? There could be better instructor options, as in instructors that teach better options for you. I would not let the choice of unit be limited because you have not found an instructor for it.

This goes back to the basics of picking a rebreather. What are you going to do with it, what do others around you use, etc. Then find a qualified instructor that teaches that unit. If it happens to be that Hollis or KISS, great you have the instructor for it. If not, you have the wrong instructor.

The Narked@90 blinky HUD is about $1200 through Kiss. The $500 Fathom seems a much better option. The friend who recommended it to me loves it.
Yes if I didnt already have the narced version I would have the fathom too. The narced version is like a cockroach though, it just keeps going.

I didn’t even realize you had linked to something. Still getting used to the new dark mode. My instructor’s shop is a Kiss dealer so buying the unit there is a no-brainer.

Yeah rebreather I'm impressed, the instructor married to particular region and units and divers and cliques
is one great mind numbing invented pile of complete malarkey and inside your circle who gives a rats arse

Now that I think about it, I don't think there are actually 10 units that I would look at unless you count all the variants but it's all about what configuration works for you since that is the limiting factor.
KISS only shows up on the list for very specific needs for sidemount breathers.
As an aside, what units would you suggest people look at?

As an aside, what units would you suggest people look at?
Make a new thread and tell us 1) what you want to dive and 2) where you live. The list of "available" units is not global or universal and being the only person in Mexico or Australia with a VMS Redbare with no buddies using it or any local instructors or support is silly.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom