Buying gear

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dayang

Reaction score
ok guys I need your help. I am about to part with $1529 for the below. pls tell me its a good deal.... :wink:

1.transpac II
2.scubapro MK25/S600/R190
3.Stinger
4.Sealion SPG plus depth guage

anyway does the Wheel really cost 70 bucks????

Dayang:
ok guys I need your help. I am about to part with $1529 for the below. pls tell me its a good deal.... :wink:

1.transpac II
2.scubapro MK25/S600/R190
3.Stinger
4.Sealion SPG plus depth guage

anyway does the Wheel really cost 70 bucks????
Following are LeisurePro prices (appx):
1) $440 with a travel wing (assume wing in with your deal)
2) $475
3) $550 for rubber band model
4) unfamiliar with Sealion but basic gauge packs run $100 min
$1565 total online. Any of these pieces can be had for less individually with some extra digging but your price looks good. If you are getting factory warranty on any of it than that's a bonus.

Is the wheel a PADI device for tables? You can get a good plastic table card for $10.

yknot:
Multilevel? Do you mean different depths during the same dive or a repetative dive planner?

Multi-level during the same dive........

Thanks for the reply. I got my quotes from my LDS. I am assuming they will take care of all servicing.

As for the wheel , it is the PADI multi level dive wheel which i have to fork out $120 singapore dollars. (about 70 USD) and it's complusory. Its part if my DM training materials. I mean a plastic wheel could cost so much!!!!

The wheel was the dumbest thing padi ever came up with - they thought it was going to set the world on fire... then couldn't sell any of them... so they've been slowly off loading them by making DM's take a test on a useless piece of training gear that no one uses. You can do any of the wheel problems on a plain table - just calculate the multilevel dive as 2 dives with no surface interval - and the results are the same... other than the 70 bucks anyway...

Dayang:
As for the wheel , it is the PADI multi level dive wheel which i have to fork out $120 singapore dollars. (about 70 USD) and it's complusory. Its part if my DM training materials. I mean a plastic wheel could cost so much!!!!

That's a bad deal. If they won't let you fake it (as Larry suggests, using the table), make friends with a DM who's been through this and borrow it for the duration.

Sigh my LDS insist on us getting it. No chice. According to them if i am "serious" about diving i should get it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom