Buying focus light or parts in Phuket?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Divealpha

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My Fantasy nano focus light stopped working. Is there a shop who sells these or a similar type in Phuket? Or, since I also have a Big Blue dive light, some type of adapter for it fitting a YS mount? I'm staying in Kata until next Friday.

You can try Aqua Master in Chalong, it is on the right side of the road that takes you to the pier where all the dive operators operate their boats. They stock Sea&Sea products and may have a YS mount you can modify to work for your light.

First off, did you by any chance use rechargeable AAA batteries on your Fantasea Nano focus light? If you did, the light will stop working after as while, as I discovered to my cost. The leaflet that comes with the torch clearly says NOT to use rechargeables.

I confess that I do not trust smaller electrical outlets in Phuket. I bought a AA Battery Charger and it broke down within 48 hours. A couple of batteries bought there leaked.

No, I used alkaline batteries. Seems something have corroded. Me & my wife have 1 each, and if I switch the led assy, only one works. None of the shops in Chalong could help, not even with a mount for my backup lights. (I have a DRIS 1K stubby, and a Big Blue 250 lumens). Also tried to get some aluminium band for a DIY, but need a wider band for that....

---------- Post added January 7th, 2015 at 02:17 PM ----------

Update, fixed! I opened and disassembled the LED assy, and found a wee bit of corrosion which I scratched away with a screwdriver. Also found a soldered pin one one of the sides, and made sure it made contact deeper down (could see a small hole/bit of solder there). Tried it out, and voila! It's working again, Assembled the unit, and out a little more silicon on the O-ring, so , ready to go again!
Did not seem to be much but a driver circuit on the circuit board, so I just had to try.. :)

---------- Post added January 7th, 2015 at 02:18 PM ----------

Sorry for typos, T9 errors...

Back
Top Bottom