Buying DiveRite and Pinnacle gear in Cancun

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Does any one have experience buying DiveRite or Pinnacle gear in Cancun? Apparently Ocean Sports- Cancun is a DiveRite Dealer but they don't have a website so can't find much info on them.

Spartman is right on target. Buying things not made in Mexico incur import duties as well as VAT(value added tax) to things. Buy in the states and get exactly what you want and save money.

Given that Glamourpuss is currently living in Costa Rica, "home" may not be a good option.

Here are a couple of things to try. First get in touch with the Pinnacle (Zeagle) rep on the board and see if Ocean Sports- Cancun actually stocks any gear. They may be a dealer, but there is a better than even chance they don't have a thing to sell. Same applies to Dive Rite. Second, put out a thread that you are looking for a mule from the states. We bring stuff into Mexico all the time for the price of a beer and good conversation. Third, talk to Leisurepro and see what they have to say about shipping to CR. I don't know anything about the parcel post system in CR, but I do know that there are relatively secure ways to ship to Mexico and I wouldn't trust their postal system with a post card.

I've know the owner of Ocean Sports for a number of years... He is very well respected in the diving community in the area, and he backs up what he sells... He ain't cheap tho, and doesn't have a whole lot of gear...

first I read the thread & CR? cancun & coz arent CR costa rica is a different place
you live in Canada? do you have local distributors of the gear that your looking for?
if you buy your gear in the US you'll have current gear that is new at a cost not including "eva" best option is buy from your local dive shop because of warentee issues, go on mfg web site & comunicate with reps directly

For Halcyon , DUI and Scubapro gear with a world wide guarantee Zero Gravity in Q. Roo and Vallartech / Vallarta Undersea on the Pacific side are very good choices . The prices are the same all over north America (US , Canada and Mexico) . Yes, IVA is added in Mexico but also sales tax is ususally included elsewhere anyways.

They both ship all over Mexico via Estafeta or DHL

www.zerogravity.com
Scuba diving puerto Vallarta Vallarta Undersea :: Escuela de Buceo Vallarta Under Sea - Scuba Diving

Sorry for the confusion... I am originally from Canada, but have been on the road for the last year and a half, so unfortunately I don't have a 'home' to ship to. We were in Costa Rica for the last six months, currently in Roatan, and heading up to Cancun in about a month. I'd love to be able to purchase stuff in Canada instead, but I have no idea when we'll be back there, so looking to buy stuff while on the road. I know, not ideal, but cheaper than a plane ticket back to Canada.

Since posting this and talking to a couple of the dive shops here in Roatan, we have decided to buy our diverite gear from a shop here, that can order it in at a good price. Gonna hold off on buying a wetsuit as I really want to be able to try it on, since I'm in between sizes on the sizing chart, and returning it isn't really an option. I can't seem to find anyone who stocks Pinnacle's either here in Roatan, or in the Cancun area, so I may have to look at some other options. But for now I'm happy we've found a way to get the rest of our gear.

The downside to living in paradise I suppose!
Thanks for all the replies.

Back
Top Bottom