Buying dive gear: Hong Kong or Cebu?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Markus, 1 more thing, if you happen to be interested in a less than 1 yr old pair of Tusa Imprex Tri-Ex Medium Size fins (yellow/black), I'd sell them to you for cheap as they're just sitting in my closet now that I've switched to jetfins (yes I've been brainwashed by spending too much time on scubaboard...)... If you're interested, PM me.

pic attached (but actual color is yellow, grey, and black)

Jag, what does PASALUBONG! mean?

hmmmmm... how do i explain "pasalubong".... hmmmmmmm....

let's see.... hmmmmmmm...

no, better yet, let's wait for the guys to wake up and see how they define pasalubong hehehehehehehehe :wink:

Jag

PS
don't worry, we're not breaking any TOS rules here...

shugar:
hmmmmm... how do i explain "pasalubong".... hmmmmmmm....

let's see.... hmmmmmmm...

no, better yet, let's wait for the guys to wake up and see how they define pasalubong hehehehehehehehe :wink:

Jag

PS
don't worry, we're not breaking any TOS rules here...
Simple explanation: a present / souvenir.

my prof at MSI explanation: back in the day when people first began traversing the philippine archaepalago, the only way to prove to someone you went to a place (or came from a place) you had to bring back a souvenir for them. No cameras yet to take pics or mail to send postcards.

If there's any other meaning to it, please share to educate my balikbayan as5...

Pasalubong - a small gift or souvenir from someone travelling either visiting or returning home.

I used to get pasalubong from my father whether he was just coming home from the office or coming home after being away for weeks overseas. Back then, overseas was an incredibly big deal, the whole angkan (clan) came out in a couple of hired jeepneys to to send him off at the airport, and then again to pick him up... well maybe not all that different these days hehehe.

Obviously, pasalubong varies in scale. From the office was maybe say a bar of hersheys, from overseas was like a pair of addidas. Also depends on who the pasalubong was for, for my mum he'd bring back perfume or jewelry ... I think he'd be in trouble if all he brought back was a t-shirt :05:

nice, especially your title, it had the rootword.

Migu31:
Pasalubong - a small gift or souvenir from someone travelling either visiting or returning home.

I used to get pasalubong from my father whether he was just coming home from the office or coming home after being away for weeks overseas. Back then, overseas was an incredibly big deal, the whole angkan (clan) came out in a couple of hired jeepneys to to send him off at the airport, and then again to pick him up... well maybe not all that different these days hehehe.

Obviously, pasalubong varies in scale. From the office was maybe say a bar of hersheys, from overseas was like a pair of addidas. Also depends on who the pasalubong was for, for my mum he'd bring back perfume or jewelry ... I think he'd be in trouble if all he brought back was a t-shirt :05:

but then again you may break it as follows;

PASALUBONG

PASA = to pass
LUBO = tagalog a large fish- grouper = LARGE LAPULAPU
Lubong = that pertaining to a grouper

pasa + Lubong = to pass a large fish ; PASA LUBONG

so PAk; the guys are asking for a gift, obviously you can't bring a live grouper , so they are ok with dried shredded fish in vaccum pack seal

Migu31:
Also depends on who the pasalubong was for, for my mum he'd bring back perfume or jewelry ... I think he'd be in trouble if all he brought back was a t-shirt :05:
Paolov:
PASA = to pass
LUBO = tagalog a large fish- grouper = LARGE LAPULAPU
Lubong = that pertaining to a grouper
How much trouble would he have been in bringing home a grouper?

Halthron:
How much trouble would he have been in bringing home a grouper?

this response belongs to the question answer game but here it goes anyway.

no trouble except that , the customs would have a treat of it immediately!

First off, apologizes to Markus for highjacking this thread...

I guess I should wear my Santa Suit on my flight into PI this Christmas...

sooo... have you guys been naughty or nice this year... hmm...

I'll see how much coal I can squeeze into my dive bag...

pakman:
First off, apologizes to Markus for highjacking this thread...

I guess I should wear my Santa Suit on my flight into PI this Christmas...

sooo... have you guys been naughty or nice this year... hmm...

I'll see how much coal I can squeeze into my dive bag...
me i've been very nice this year... very very VERY nice hahahahahahahahaha

Jag

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom