Buying Computer On-Line

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SM Diver

Reaction score
I am new to SCUBA (and to this board), so first let me say "Hi" to everyone.

I am ready to buy a Suunto Cobra computer, and notice that Leisurepro.com and scubastore.com have it for much, much less that my LDS. Is there any reason that I should not buy a computer online? Has anyone had a bad/good experience with these online retailers, or can recommend another.

Thanks.

Scott in Tampa

Hi, welcome to the board! For what it's worth, I recently baught a Suunto Mosquito from diveinn, the only problem was, the instruction manual was written in Spanish. I was bummed, but several good people from this board e-mailed me with the English version. All is good, now! Stay safe, stay wet! :)

I bought a Suunto Vyper from LeisurePro and everything turned out great. I didn't get a manual, but it is available for download from their website so I just printed it...

It came with a LeisurePro warranty card, which I filled out and mailed in...haven't had any problems with it so far and it was waaaay cheaper than buying it at my LDS (assuming they could even get one in stock...)

Originally posted by O-ring
It came with a LeisurePro warranty card, which I filled out and mailed in..

I purchased two from leisurepro.com, one came with a german manual, one came without. After numerous calls and 3 months they sent an english manual.

O-ring - Aren't we supposed to hold on to the leisurepro warranty card until we send in the equipment for service?

O-ring - Aren't we supposed to hold on to the leisurepro warranty card until we send in the equipment for service?

I just looked at it and it does say to keep it (and I did). It has a little perforated edge that I tore off and did something with...thought I mailed half of it in to them, but that could have been another toy I bought..:D

I'll be making the plunge with this today. I guess if I get a Gernan or Spanish manual I can always find a .pdf manual somewhere on the web.

I debated this issue for some time, and ended up with the following approach;

My first task was to deciide on the computer. After much research (mainly on this BBS), I decided on the Vyper wrist mount. I'll spare you the details, but the next issue was where to purchase. I did the on-line research to narrow down the best market price, knowing that I would have to also pay shipping.

I had made up my mind to by on-line, then my LDS asked what it was worth to me to buy from them. In the end I agreed to a $50.00 premium over the best on-line price. To me, this was justified to know that if I had a warranty issue, my LDS would stand behind the product.

Hope this helps.

DSAO

Back
Top Bottom